Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Ryland Parker is what we're naming our son (if we have one!).

I've never met anyone with the name Ryland before, but it's been my favorite boys name for years.
I went to school with a Ryland, haven't met another since!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

Some pretty great name ideas out here! I am just soooooo bad at choosing middle names. I liked Hunter Eli, but one of my best friends just had a son named Hudson Eli, and I'm not one for copying names. I really like Landon, but can't quite figure out a middle name.

Did any of you guys have morbid dreams about your babies? I keep having dreams about my baby (always a girl) dying horrifically. In the one last night, I left her inside and the door locked and I couldn't get back in. I was screaming and freaking out and couldn't break the windows because you can never hit very hard in dreams... And when I finally got in because my Dad came and broke the door down, my baby had turned blue and was dead and cold. It was awful.

And one other thing... I am going to be working full time and going to school full time... But I still want to try to breastfeed if at all possible. How am I going to do that? Strictly pump? Also, does it hurt? I have really sensitive breasts and I'm so afraid it's going to hurt.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb

Last edited by Barbara!; 02-09-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Denis had a client in Vegas who named their kid "Dragon King" and another named "Kiler" which is probably supposed to be "Ky-lher" but looks and read like Killer. My favorite was "Baby Love Dior".
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Barbara, I haven't had any morbid dreams about the actual baby, but I was and still am having dreams about miscarrying...graphic ones where (in the dream) I wake up on the bathroom floor and there's blood EVERYWHERE. I don't think it means much, but they're SO disturbing.

As far as breastfeeding while at work/school....you could try strictly pumping, and I'm sure Moms do that, but if you're doing both, FT...pumping is going to be hard. I'd plan on pumping, but don't get your heart 100% set on it and feel disappointed or bad about yourself if you just can't do it in the long run.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Barbara, I haven't had any morbid dreams about the actual baby, but I was and still am having dreams about miscarrying...graphic ones where (in the dream) I wake up on the bathroom floor and there's blood EVERYWHERE. I don't think it means much, but they're SO disturbing.

As far as breastfeeding while at work/school....you could try strictly pumping, and I'm sure Moms do that, but if you're doing both, FT...pumping is going to be hard. I'd plan on pumping, but don't get your heart 100% set on it and feel disappointed or bad about yourself if you just can't do it in the long run.
Ugh, that would drive me nuts. Are you far along enough now to where that isn't a a worry? I'm sorry I can't remember.

And I hope I don't feel bad about myself... But I'm so determined to maybe buy a portable cooler and portable electric pump and set time aside at work and school to pump... Maybe even go out to my car... I don't know.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post

Now I'm stuck between three first names I can't pick middle names for... Help?

Hunter
Landon
Ryland

This baby naming business is hard.

Oh, annnnd, updated photo:
I like all those names but I particularly love the name Hunter! Of course I may be a tad biased.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 PM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

I like the name Harlow!! (and Everleigh)

Thankfully my mom and I (and my SO and I) have similar tastes in names.

I've been pretty dead set on naming my daughter (if I have one) Emma. But now everyone and their brother is naming their daughter Emma.
So now we like the name(s) Naima , Ella or Inga. For Boys we have Aaron (love that name, and not common here), Holden or Leeven

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

It's funny reading the names. I just saw an article about how the trend for baby names seems to be continuing this year... girls names that end in A and boys names that end in N (I think Aidan was the most popular boys name)

IF we were to have another girl at any point I love the name Cassandra... it's actually Cassie that I like the most

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Top Dog

I'm glad that the BF and I agree on the girl name. Lillian (I actually like Lillewyn, or a spelling similar to that, but that's a bit too elfish for the BF) and not sure of a middle name. We'll figure it out, I'm sure. The boy names we're not too sure about. Hopefully we have a girl. We both tend to like old world names. Names you can lengthen or shorten and fantasy names, since we're gamers. Plus, we would need a unique name to jazz up the family. My name is Erinn and BF's is Christopher so we're not too unique here. Other than the spelling of my name.

I don't know the history of most the moms and moms-to-be here, but did any of you have trouble getting pregnant? (Not trying to get pregnant right now but concerned I won't be able to have children.)

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Top Dog

I wasn't supposed to be able to and well... Here I am.