Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Vizsla mom

I just have to share the most terrible name I personally know someone is naming their kid.

Zora Cassiopeia. Dead serious. I feel bad for that child already and everyone on Facebook keeps commenting that they love the name. I can't decide if it's just because they're brutal people or just don't know what to say. I just haven't commented on the name at all. We're not good enough friends at all for me to ask why the hell she named her kid that ahaha although I will forever secretly judge her
Old 02-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Top Dog

I have a friend naming their child Remington Gauge. It's a cute name and to each their own, but it sounds so... "Country" to me.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Zora Cassiopeia. Dead serious. I feel bad for that child already and everyone on Facebook keeps commenting that they love the name.
I don't see anything wrong with the name, and I'm a huge etymology nerd and super critical of people's names most of the time. Zora doesn't sound too out there at all...it's easy to spell and pronounce, and it isn't made up or given some unusual spelling to be creative that will only cause problems. It's heard of, known, but not common.

Cassiopeia is a little more "out there", but it's in the middle name spot. She doesn't even have to tell people about it when she's older if she doesn't want to...no one will call her that automatically. And I still think Cassiopeia is a much nicer name than ones that are entirely made up, impossible to spell or say, or "filler"...the parents just chose it because it would sound good with ANY first name (things like Ann, Marie, Grace). It's quirky, but it has nice associations, and could use a number of nicknames (Cass, Cassie, Sia).

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Cosmo is one of the stranger ones I have heard

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post

Zora Cassiopeia. Dead serious. I feel bad for that child already and everyone on Facebook keeps commenting that they love the name. I can't decide if it's just because they're brutal people or just don't know what to say. I just haven't commented on the name at all. We're not good enough friends at all for me to ask why the hell she named her kid that ahaha although I will forever secretly judge her
I actually think its really pretty. And not really that "out there" or anything at all
Old 02-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

What's not out there to some may still be out there to others, lol. I think that name is pretty out there, personally.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

[Deleted double post, sorry.]

Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Top Dog

Zora is an old fashioned name that is still fairly popular (and old fashioned names in general are very popular right now).

To me, out there names are names that are not actually names...

Pretty famous author named Zora as well
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Ugh, so right now I am having some pretty serious pressure right underneath my belly button and it's pretty uncomfortable. My friend says it's because that is where the baby is moving at right now. Is this normal? I don't like it, lol. He's usually resting further in... But now he's up close to the surface and it's pretty uncomfortable.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Taxiderpy

The worst, and I mean absolute WORST name I have EVER heard was Chlamydia. Chlamydia Brown. I am not even making this up. The poor girl's mother thought it was a flower. She changed her name the moment it was legal, and told everyone in school it was something totally different.

One time I talked a pregnant woman out of naming her unborn daughter "Treblinka". She had no idea what it was, just thought it sounded pretty. Seriously people. Google stuff before you name your children something unusual.