Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
And wasn't that several months ago now? Please get recently updated information before making judgements, thanks.
Did you get a job? Congrats if you did!!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Barbara, I've had HORRIBLE insomnia a lot during my pregnancy. BUT considering how tired it makes you, it doesn't sound very surprising, and some of the other girls I know are sleeping like 13 hours every night

So...apparently the fact that WE'RE HAVING A BABY just sunk into my kid's father's head. Verrrryyyy slowly and then all at once. I'm happy he's getting excited and wants to be involved but if I get one more "Can we name it ______?" text message tonight I'm going to pull my hair out.

He just hardcore vetoed my boy's name....I wonder if I can pull the "I'm cooking this baby and pushing it through my genitals, I get to pick the name" card.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Uh, so is turning into a dead person when you sleep a symptom of pregnancy? Seriously, this is getting kind of annoying.

I've always been a super light sleeper. Little noises woke me up immediately and KEPT me awake. Now? Yeah, that doesn't happen now. I plan on sleeping for 10 minutes? I end up sleeping for 6 hours with no recollection of anything. I used to wake up in the morning from my Mom waking up my little sister in the next room over... Not anymore. I'm dead. I used to be only able to sleep about 8 hours. Not anymore. I die. And nothing wakes me up. It's like I go into a coma. And I dream VERY vividly too, every single time. Wtf, body?
I've had very vivid, very strange dreams throughout my pregnancy. But enjoy the sleep now. Once it gets too uncomfortable to sleep, and then you have a newborn to care for, you'll be wishing for those days. Or so I hear.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Top Dog

Like, I have problems going to sleep... But when I do sleep... I go into a coma. Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah barbara dOn't complain about too much sleep. You will wish you could store it. Your body is sleeping like it is because you are growing a LIFE. It takes energy to grow that life. Eventually you will want to sleep and not be able to and rest assured once the baby comes your super hearing and super light sleep will return. I hear the dogs get off the couch at night and my baby is 5 1/2 years old.

Wish to be a sleep camel that can store sleep in its humps lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yeah barbara dOn't complain about too much sleep. You will wish you could store it. Your body is sleeping like it is because you are growing a LIFE. It takes energy to grow that life. Eventually you will want to sleep and not be able to and rest assured once the baby comes your super hearing and super light sleep will return. I hear the dogs get off the couch at night and my baby is 5 1/2 years old.

^^ This! Wish I had some to tap into right now! lol.

Seriously though, growing new livers and brains and eyes and stuff is really hard work. Take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
So...apparently the fact that WE'RE HAVING A BABY just sunk into my kid's father's head. Verrrryyyy slowly and then all at once. I'm happy he's getting excited and wants to be involved but if I get one more "Can we name it ______?" text message tonight I'm going to pull my hair out.

He just hardcore vetoed my boy's name....I wonder if I can pull the "I'm cooking this baby and pushing it through my genitals, I get to pick the name" card.
You should just tell him the baby's name is going to be Lothar Lightninghammer, and then put whatever you want on the birth certificate.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Omg that would be awesome.

Quote:
LOL. Is it a full name that all flows together? Cause if not and you're set on the first name maybe he could pick the middle?

Matt and I finally found a name we both like. You would not believe the number of people that get offended when you won't tell them the name you picked out. It's kind of fun actually.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
LOL. Is it a full name that all flows together? Cause if not and you're set on the first name maybe he could pick the middle?

Matt and I finally found a name we both like. You would not believe the number of people that get offended when you won't tell them the name you picked out. It's kind of fun actually.
It is a full name that flows perfectly like a gorgeous river, lol, but I'm flexible on the middle. He just does not like the first name. Or any name I suggest. We have REALLLLLY different taste in names.

I wasn't telling most people about the names I chose. I don't want them to say negative crap about them to try and change my mind. My mom, unfortunately, knows a few of them on my list because I've talked about what I want to name my kids in the past. I heard her on the phone with my grandma the other day "She won't tell me...She likes Beatrix, but she's going to get called Trixie and that sounds like a stripper...and she likes Apollo but everyone's going to think the kid is black" (which, BTW, he or she WILL be part black. SURPRISE.) And then she's like "Whyyyyy won't you tell me the other names you like?!?!?!?" Gee Ma, I really should tell you because how else will you be able to nitpick at them and shoot them down

Also, not telling people the names you've picked leads to plenty of hilarious suggestions from friends.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Bite Club

We aren't telling anyone either. I can't believe how many people ask and expect us to just tell them everything. Lol. My hubby has started telling anyone who asks that we will be naming the baby Wolfgang. No middle or last name. Just Wolfgang. Lol. That usually shuts them up.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Top Dog

What did everyone do/is everyone doing as far as a baby shower?

I wasn't planning on having one (although any excuse for a party is a good excuse to me), but now people are wanting to have one/throw me one.

Which is great, but they want ME to make the guestlist...I love party planning but this is going to be SoOoOoO awkward. A bunch of my mom's coworkers want to come I don't even know them....and my mom is basically using this as an excuse to get people to buy me stuff, which makes me way uncomfortable. My friends mostly live way out of state, and the friends I do have here are a sprinkled combination of moms who don't at all know each other, and college/young professional guys who don't typically party earlier than 10pm.

Usually when I throw parties, everyone there knows each other, for the most part. This baby shower is going to be some super awkward combination of people who have never met and are from drastically different demographic groups.