Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Because there is no way any qualified dr ok'd getting a tattoo during pregnancy. If a patient was told by the doctor that getting a tattoo was fine, and they got an infection or something (which is fairly likely), they would be at risk for a MAJOR lawsuit. Just like the same way no qualified tattoo artist would tattoo a woman during pregnancy. Every single tattoo shop I have ever been in has required the woman to sign a form acknowledging that she is not pregnant.
Just my doctor doesn't agree with your opinion, doesn't mean he isn't a qualified doctor, just saying. I happen to love my doctor and he is a very experienced man, I'm sad I'm having to switch. ):

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
It's like the difference between driving late at night in a snowstorm, and driving late at night in a snow storm after you spent the past three nights up with your child, with your kid in the backseat.
This is SUCH a pet peeve of mine. I work in a retail store...people come in with their babies and kids all the time when it is quite scary to be driving outside. I guess I can understand running out if you needed something essential, but our store doesn't have many things you can't go without for half a day. And especially when a couple comes in with a baby during a hurricane/snow storm...one of you could have stayed home with the baby. Arghh.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

I thought I'd save some money AND be environmentally friendly and pick up some second hand maternity tops from a local mom who does this kind of thing.

Of course, only one out of four tops fits. I ended up wasting money trying to save money! Ugghhhh.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Here's a fun topic!

I'm going to be traveling with this little one a fair deal in the first few months of his/her life (yay!). We'll be visiting my grandmother in August (and staying at her home), and visiting Orlando in a hotel with my dad, possibly mom, stepsister, and her BF.

I'm not too concerned about things like air travel, or doing amusement parks/visiting/figuring out a schedule with a newborn...but I'm curious as to what everyone did or plans to do as far as stuff like a pack n play, portable crib, etc. I told my grandma to keep a lookout for a pack n play in Florida, and if she can't find one I'll order one and have it shipped to her house (I'm sure we'll be back there frequently in baby and toddlerhood). And there's a possibility the timeshare will offer some kind of cribs for guests with babies, I'll call and ask.

So, what pack n play or portable/travel sleeping arrangements did or do you have for the lil ones?
We've got a pack n play and one of these (which is good for the newborn stage and seems like it would travel well). Not planning on going anywhere for a while though!

http://www.summerinfant.com/Products...o-Sleeper.aspx

How's that pain in your side by the way?

~Aura & Riley~
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We used a graco pack n play. Very convenient. it folded up into a very portable rectangle and was so easy to set up and tear down. We took it everywhere if we might be staying over night or even if she might need to nap while we were there lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Behavior Nerd

I'm not a ton of help, but did want to throw this out: if you'll be using playpens or cribs provided by a rental company, hotel, or even family, please double check for any recalls before using them!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

Jen - the stomach pain went away after a few hours and didn't get worse, so I'm assuming it was gas pain.

Tanya...is the pack n play reasonable to travel with on an airplane? Or other public transportation, for that matter? I know you don't fly.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Jen - the stomach pain went away after a few hours and didn't get worse, so I'm assuming it was gas pain.

Tanya...is the pack n play reasonable to travel with on an airplane? Or other public transportation, for that matter? I know you don't fly.
I believe the pack n play folds up into a nylon bag with a shoulder strap. Most airlines do not charge an extra fee for something like that.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:

I would say it is. I don't know for sure but I know people travel with them all the time so I'd say it probably isn't a big deal. They do often come with a bag ith a strap you can put them in as well but I don't think we ever used the bag. Ours was the type where you took the 'mattress" piece out, folded up the pack n play and then the mattress piece folded around the pack n play (matress in of course with the hard bottom facing out) and velcro'd into place so it was a nice secure little rectangle

Here is a picture of one folded up inside the bag

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Uh, so is turning into a dead person when you sleep a symptom of pregnancy? Seriously, this is getting kind of annoying.

I've always been a super light sleeper. Little noises woke me up immediately and KEPT me awake. Now? Yeah, that doesn't happen now. I plan on sleeping for 10 minutes? I end up sleeping for 6 hours with no recollection of anything. I used to wake up in the morning from my Mom waking up my little sister in the next room over... Not anymore. I'm dead. I used to be only able to sleep about 8 hours. Not anymore. I die. And nothing wakes me up. It's like I go into a coma. And I dream VERY vividly too, every single time. Wtf, body?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb