Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Jenv - You are GORGEOUS.
That is all.
Awww thanks Dak!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

What are the feelings here on getting a tattoo during pregnancy?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
What are the feelings here on getting a tattoo during pregnancy?
I'm not pregnant. But why hurry?? Why take the risk? It's only a few months to wait till you (or whoever) is NOT pregnant. Then get as many as you like!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Top Dog

Barbara, I personally wouldn't do it, and I really don't see why anyone would.

The risks IF you are 100% positive the needles are completely clean, sterile, etc. (I'm not talking about diseases, I'm talking about any kind of dirt or bacteria that could cause an infection) are minimal, regarding the ink and whatever...but the stress it puts on your body is going to be bad really bad for a baby. Even getting your ears pierced or anything is considered taking an unnecessary risk while pregnant. And like most things in pregnancy, there aren't really enough studies done to prove how safe it is.

I thought about getting one (was planning on before I got pregnant), looked into it, and decided it was in no way worth it. There's really no reason good enough to not wait another couple of months, IMO.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

I guess my whole thing is, it's the same amount of risk with the needles not being sterile and whatnot even when you aren't pregnant... And I wouldn't go to a dirty place, anyhow. I asked my doctor about it and he said it would be fine and that stress doesn't effect the fetus, but figured I would ask here. I am wanting a small one on my wrist and may not wait, but I'm still thinking about it.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 02-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Love My Mutt <3

As somebody who has come on the board multiple times saying she doesn't have much money, can't afford suchandsuch, job ending, etc, I think it would be incredibly irresponsible to spend what little money you have on a tattoo while expecting a baby.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Behavior Nerd

Not sure about wrists, but doesn't pregnancy mess with your skin and body shape? I'd just worry that a tat done while pregnant would be weird looking after the baby is born.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I guess my whole thing is, it's the same amount of risk with the needles not being sterile and whatnot even when you aren't pregnant... And I wouldn't go to a dirty place, anyhow. I asked my doctor about it and he said it would be fine and that stress doesn't effect the fetus, but figured I would ask here. I am wanting a small one on my wrist and may not wait, but I'm still thinking about it.
Yes the risk with the needles would still be the same EXCEPT NOW it would make you AND your baby sick if there were bacteria or God forbid, disease.

If you are pregnant everything that hurts you... hurts the baby. So No it's not REALLY the same kind of risk. when you are not pregnant the risk is only to you, when you are pregnant the risk is also to your unborn child.

Honestly, what tattoo could possibly be that important that you simply cannot wait.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
As somebody who has come on the board multiple times saying she doesn't have much money, can't afford suchandsuch, job ending, etc, I think it would be incredibly irresponsible to spend what little money you have on a tattoo while expecting a baby.
And wasn't that several months ago now? Please get recently updated information before making judgements, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Not sure about wrists, but doesn't pregnancy mess with your skin and body shape? I'd just worry that a tat done while pregnant would be weird looking after the baby is born.
Yeah, which is why I wouldn't consider one anywhere else. Lol. I had a friend get a super expensive and very nice rib tattoo just before her pregnancy, and lets just say that string of daisies will never look the same. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post

Honestly, what tattoo could possibly be that important that you simply cannot wait.
I guess I just don't see a very valid reason to wait if I have the opportunity and can be 100% sure the needles and such are clean. My doctor doesn't see an issue with it... I mean I see waiting on getting a tattoo as being on par with not eating cold cuts while pregnant for the risk of listeria. The risk is so low, and if you can guarantee that you won't have to worry about listeria, why stop eating cold cuts throughout your pregnancy? I guess it would just seem extreme to me when the chance is SO low. I don't see an issue with anyone else making those decisions for themselves and for their pregnancy, however, I just don't personally see the point.