Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenv101 View Post
36 weeks!

36weeks by Holga-Jen, on Flickr

You look fantastic!

Just had my midwife appointment. Measurements are perfect, heartrate was bang on, and I got to hear (and feel!) my baby girl kick the doppler twice. My daughter already has attitude.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
You look fantastic!

Just had my midwife appointment. Measurements are perfect, heartrate was bang on, and I got to hear (and feel!) my baby girl kick the doppler twice. My daughter already has attitude.
Thanks Thats great about your appt! My girl likes to kick anything that puts pressure on my stomach too - it's pretty funny!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
The thing is...when your parents were born, and when you were born, MOST baby boys were circumcised in the US. And although there were never any conclusive studies about medical benefits, and circumcision has always been done for religious, cosmetic, sexual, or hygienic (before it was possible to bathe daily) reasons, doctors DID (incorrectly) tell our parents it was 'healthier' or 'safer' to get it done.

Ask your parents why they think the baby should be circumcised. They might think he wants to look like everyone else, and as Romy said, now circumcision rates are about 50% and declining. They might think it's "cleaner", which was a reason for circumcision during periods long ago in history when it wasn't possible to bathe regularly. They might think it prevents infection or is safer, which is just downright a myth, and having them read any information on circumcision should inform them otherwise.
Yup, that's their reasoning, and I sent my Dad quite a few articles on it all, and he just raged even more about my "beliefs". Lol. They're silly I guess.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

My DH would have been adamant about circumcision. One reason I'm relieved that we're having a girl!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

I was just listening to samples from a baby noise CD and Tipper (who is laying in the corner) had NO reaction whatsoever, but the spud started beating on my rib cage. Weird. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Soooo last night I realized most of my (at times, quite racist) family does not know I'm having a mixed race child.

Teee Heee can't wait to surprise them with that one.
When my unmarried cousin got pregnant it was a big deal because not only is the family Catholic, but the father is black. Her parents didn't even didn't tell anyone she was pregnant until a few months before she was due.

When my grandma was telling me about the pregnancy at a family gathering she leaned forward and whispered "You know the baby is going to be black, right?" It was a strange moment.

Your family will get over it, mine did.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Top Dog

It just...didn't even occur to me to mention to my extended family. I told my grandma when we were first dating that I was seeing someone, and she asked what he was like after I got pregnant...I just said something like "he's really nice and works a lot" or whatever. I'm assuming my cousins have seen pictures but I can't imagine they'd tell my aunts anything.

My parents have both met him numerous times. My mom knows he's Hispanic (and has plenty of comments on that), but apparently doesn't know he's also (supposedly) part black. I found out when she said she tells people the name I picked they ask if the baby is going to be black. She says "no". She is mistaken.

That's also when I realized my dad probably has no idea who I was talking about when I told him I was pregnant. He said "you mean that real chatty guy?" And I was like "uhhh, sure?". My dad never remembers my friends names or faces.

They're not like horrible bigot hateful racists who will be mean to my child or me because of it...they just make a lot of stupid ignorant comments.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Top Dog

Default love this replacement to the capcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
I swear every mixed baby I've ever seen has been so **** adorable!
Thats because they are

Other them my mother no one in my family knew I was pregnant till the morning after I had my son lol. My mother was VERY against me being with Kel at first warmed up to him while I was pregnant and LOVES him now.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Top Dog

good lord that baby is freaking adorable!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
good lord that baby is freaking adorable!
Thank you! Im quite fond of him myself