Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 AM
and Spy.

Just a word of caution, when you scold and punish Addie for behaving inappropriately to this puppy, you are confirming her belief that other dogs are BAD and when they come near bad things happen.

Separate the two with a baby gate or other barrier with which they can see each other through and just start rewarding for calm, friendly behaviour. If the two are touching noses through the fence and getting antsy take a step back and keep them further apart while working on this. You don't want to get Addie started because every time she 'practices' this behaviour she is more likely to repeat it. Basically, keep them at a distance where she can remain calm and just start rewarding. What you want her to start thinking is that when the puppy is around or approaches, GOOD things happen, treats and toys and love appears

And as the others have said, some dogs are more prone to DA than others and if that is the case you will probably have to simply accept and manage it accordingly. Unfortunately not all dogs get along and not all dogs can co-exist peacefully with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Big Dog

Thanks so much, I'll definitely try that!