Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

ow that is a great idea breeze , the website said wishlist said treat are needed . you can find it online if you want to watch it again. i just watched like 5 episodes from last year and the first two from this.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:29 PM
We are Home.

Oh cool! Ill watch some tonight when the kids go to bed!

I used one that was canned chicken whole wheat flour eggs and some water IIRC. You could put pumpkin and parm cheese in them and stuff like that.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Glutton for Crazy

It's a very messy situation, bad choice after bad, and I don't find the show entertaining,
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Top Dog

Tia is RUDE. She has been known to be downright awful to fans, saying things like "If you want to help, donate money or adopt a dog... I don't have time for autograph bullshit." Which is fine if she is busy, but she can be a little nicer about it. She is representing a very misunderstood breed and if she gives a bad impression, then she is putting the breed further in the hole. I'm also not a fan of no-kill shelters or the idea that pit bulls are somehow similar to parolees...

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

hmm , will take that into consideration , i dont want her autograph , i want to help the dogs, but do understand she is the face of the rescue and she needs a good attitude. is there other stuff i missed adrianne? i have only seen a couple epi, like 6.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

I'm not a big fan of the show, but from what I hear/see, she's not running any kind of corrupt media-hounding business or doing anything to harm the dogs in her care. From what I've seen I certainly think she handles the dogs and behavior problems than tons of similar tv show, etc.

But I really don't think it helps the pit bull's image to be associated with parolees, criminals, and that whole lifestyle. I think I'd like the show a lot more (media-wise) if it focused on all breeds. Especially since her husband was arrested again.

ETA: Barbara, where did you hear that about Tia? Not saying it isn't true...but if it's something you've read or heard through word of mouth, I'd take it with a grain of salt...this is a woman doing controversial work rescuing a wildly hated breed of dog and working with criminals...a woman who's husband is in prison for theft. People are going to say TONS of crap about her, and even fans who get angry about not getting an autograph are going to throw a fit, no matter how polite she is about it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I'm not a big fan of the show, but from what I hear/see, she's not running any kind of corrupt media-hounding business or doing anything to harm the dogs in her care. From what I've seen I certainly think she handles the dogs and behavior problems than tons of similar tv show, etc.

But I really don't think it helps the pit bull's image to be associated with parolees, criminals, and that whole lifestyle. I think I'd like the show a lot more (media-wise) if it focused on all breeds. Especially since her husband was arrested again.

ETA: Barbara, where did you hear that about Tia? Not saying it isn't true...but if it's something you've read or heard through word of mouth, I'd take it with a grain of salt...this is a woman doing controversial work rescuing a wildly hated breed of dog and working with criminals...a woman who's husband is in prison for theft. People are going to say TONS of crap about her, and even fans who get angry about not getting an autograph are going to throw a fit, no matter how polite she is about it.
On one show I watched, Tia's kids said she thinks fundraisers are a waste of time. She does seem like she is a little rude/no BS but I don't think that has much weight on someone rescuing dogs.

I don't know...I get the feeling she isn't the most financially stable person, and perhaps keeping a constant 200 or so dogs isn't a great number for her. The kennels are large enough though, and even though the dogs aren't sleeping on someone's couch...if they are getting out, getting stimulation, I don't see too much of an issue. Based on the show itself she seems to match people OK.

Don't even get me started on that Pit Boss show. /gag

Old 10-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
I live somewhat near her. I have seen the facility myself, but never met her. My best in-real-life dog friend went down there and met her and she was quite nasty to them. Saying things similar to what I said and talking a lot of trash about Louisiana and the people in it. My friend was a HUGE fan of hers before she went down there to meet her... Now, not so much.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

well i googled her name and found an article saying she has/had bears and wolves and recently a tiger? WTF? maybe i will just do something at home and bring the stuff out by myself and not have the kids come. at least until i feel out the place.

dogs are one thing , but wild animals are a whole different game for me.

ow and i can not stand pit boss.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I live somewhat near her. I have seen the facility myself, but never met her. My best in-real-life dog friend went down there and met her and she was quite nasty to them. Saying things similar to what I said and talking a lot of trash about Louisiana and the people in it. My friend was a HUGE fan of hers before she went down there to meet her... Now, not so much.
which one , the one on claiborne or their houses outside laplace?
i live in river ridge , less than 20 miles from her. each way. the houses in laplace where the one flooded in Isaac
my dad has been to the one on claiborne and met the twins and the guy with one working arm and a security guard (this is how come i started looking into them) He told me the kids and everyone where real cool but the security guard told him to not approach Tia unless he was introduced. she is "skittish" . i dunno.

i just want to find a good rescue to show my kids