Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Lily's Legacy warning graphic vid

Due to recent threads, thought this was appropriate to post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=e4nT94AYsVo#!

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

I was planning on watching this tonight.
I've been avoiding it for weeks though 'cuz both my girls are puppymill victims and I know I'm going to be balling my eyes out throughout the whole thing.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Hyia and I watched it together, and it I think was very informative, and imo fair. I am not sorry I turned it on for her. She is 12 and handled it very well. The love and care the people that get in there to rescue, they are just my heroes because of what they do. I live in Missouri, the problem is so bad here they are not exaggerating. I have no problem taking down signs for puppies being advertised for that standard 250 price both on the street and up in the stores.. I stood one day with a sign don't feed the puppy miller because this woman keeps parking her station wagon with a sign PUPPIES FOR SALE on it, and a temp wire pen with a dozen or so different breeds all still blue eyed. I had just had it, not in my neighborhood, not on my corner. I told her I would stay as long as she did and I tried to tell anyone that would listen. ONe woman told me :I believe in free speech, but she still bought a puppy and dropped it into her grand girl's arms as they got in their car. She waved at me when she left. But some people dd listen so it wasn't totally wasted time, and I got the satistfaction of totally annoying the puppy miller to no end.Maybe a pitiful drop in the bucket of effort but it made me feel like I was doing SOMETHINg and something felt better than nothing.

My niece just bought a pet store lab puppy. I am just in shock. I was glad to see in this vid that some people are going into schools and sharing this information with children. ONly way it is ever going to stop is to spread the word.

There is at least one scene by hsus whom I am totally against because of their sketchy self serving practices, but for the most part, I thought the video was fair to good breeders and careful to explain the difference.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Top Dog

Just got done watching, and of course I blubbered.
The Straders are amazing people, their dedication is truly inspiring.

Good for you, standing up. It's not always easy to take a stand, even if is something you believe in.
Sometimes it seems so endless, but with every closure, every rescue, that many lives are made a million times better.
It can be hard to educate as well, many people assume you are tarring all breeders and saying every single person that has ever bred a dog is evil.
That is not what it is about! It's about these places, these people who will do anything to make a few bucks out of these dogs, no matter how much the dogs suffer.
There is a huge difference between a responsible breeder and a puppymill!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:36 AM
The Littlest Hound

There is a special circle of hell reserved for that woman who can claim her dogs get dentals and are "loved every day" when they can rescue that MinPin from her.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)