Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Top Dog

Default Your worst fears?

Exactly what the title says.
What are you most afraid of? What is something you SHOULD be afraid of, but aren't?

For me, it's four things.

1. Storms.
When big thunder storms come through, especially ones with wind, I sit in my bathtub and cry like a baby. I am terrified of tornadoes. I live in the worst state for hurricanes, too. ):

2. Heights.
I get sweaty palms just seeing pictures from high things. My sister convinced me to get on the free fall with her at the fair this year... On the way up I couldn't breathe and the second we came down I burst into tears.

3. Spiders.
If I see one in the house, I have to kill it. I got trapped with one in my car once, and I almost crashed. I had to pull over and kill it and throw it out. I've also been bit by one and almost lost my arm.

4. Being stuck somewhere.
Part of the reason I don't like high places is the idea of being stuck in that high place. Or going out into the wilderness worries me because if something happened to me, it would be a long way to help. I also get worried going out on boats. I don't panic, but it makes me uncomfortable.

As far as something I should be afraid of... I've never been afraid of being cut. If that makes sense. A lot of people are afraid to touch sharp things or be near sharp things because it might cut them. I'm not all that worried. I'm also not very afraid of lightning... My dad is terrified of lightning, but I don't really care. Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Resident fainting goat

1. Heights.
The stomach drop feeling, looking down from high places. This includes roller coasters, high parking lots etc.. I'm fine with balconies strangely enough.

2. Insects.
All of them. Disgusting creepy crawly creatures but especially spiders.

3. What my therapist describes as "The unknown".
This includes open water, things I can't see, the dark, questions I can't answer.. it's an anxiety thing. I need to understand things, to have things have limits, rules, boundaries.

4. Failure.
Being a failure, failing..I'd say this is the one that hits me with the most anxiety. I've always been that way.. I used to have panic attacks around report card time. A C+ puts me into a tail spin, answering a question out loud in class and getting in wrong makes me so embarrassed,

5. Health problems, germs, brain tumors..
I scare easily. I research too much. I see something weird or my vision gets blurry I assume brain tumor. I touch my mouth after getting off the subway I think I'm going to catch something disgusting

6 Car accidents
I've never liked driving. Never liked being in cars. The whole idea of letting a bunch of people drive giant metal tanks.. every time I go through an intersection, I hold my breath. I'm so scared of car accidents.

7. Break-ins
This is the one where I get kind of paranoid.
I can't live on the ground level, I can't live in an apartment with a fire escape. I am comfortable 3rd floor +.. I wake up in the middle of the night to check my locks.

8. Being forced into social situations
If my friends force to go out when I don't want to, or leave me alone with people I don't know.. it makes me want to crawl into a hole.
When my family threw big parties, they would stick me in a group with people my age with the instruction to "make friends!".. that kind of thing just makes me want to run away.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Thunder storms. I can't do thunder OR lightning.

Social situations. Needs to be on my time, by my choice.

Finding one of my pets has passed away in their sleep. I just can't do it. I have to have that time to say goodbye. (We say see ya later, cause goodbye is too final).

Getting hit by a car. This got worse when my sister got hit in February, cause it made it such a real possibility.

Large trucks, public transportation and school buses. I can't cross the street in front of one. I can't be standing on the edge of the curb if one drives by. If I'm driving and one is coming towards me, I pull over if its safe to do so. I can be inside them, though.

I'm sure there's tons more but I'll stop there...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Top Dog

I don't really have any fears of typical things like heights, animals, dying, cutting myself, whatever.

1.) Speaking in front of a crowd. Speaking in front of 30 people is scary. I don't ever want to know what it feels like to speak in front of more than that.

2.) Social situations I've never been in/don't know how to handle.

3.) Doing something I consider "wrong" One time all my cousins directed me, the foot passenger, to save an entire seating section for them. As in chase away people from a section of like 10 seats. Oh my jesus my stomach was in all kinds of knots. Or today, I was an hour late for lab, the lab instructor said I couldn't start, I asked if I could as long as I didn't finish last, she agreed but was somewhat pissed. Wasn't that uncomfortable at the time, but now this evening I'm feeling worse about it. lol God only knows why, I didn't inconvenience her at all...

4.) Embarrassing myself. So often I will be having some total innocuous fantasy/daydream/memory and then my brain interjects with something horribly embarrassing and I'll feel bad, and it's like "HA! got you!" like an annoying little kid and then it keeps shoving the totally ficticious embarrassing moment at me.

ETA 5.) I'm going to add getting hit by a car. You know those commercials where they put you off your guard and then SMASH. Well, they've traumatized me (more than being in an actual accident did lol). Sometimes I get a little hint of heebee jeebies going through an intersection as a pedestrian or in a car. The suddenness of accidents is very vivid in my head.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 AM
Top Dog

Ignorant people.
Stupid people.
People that follow others blindly.
People.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Blackout

What are you most afraid of?

Pain
Suffering
Depression
Friends, pets, & loved ones going away/dying
Illness
Poverty
Trouble
Loneliness
My relatives

What is something you SHOULD be afraid of, but aren't?

Death
Suicide
Dangerous & or wild animals
Heights
High-risk situations (mountain climbing alone with no equipment, bungee jumping, hiking on unregulated trails etc).
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Taxiderpy

Number 1:

Something awful happening to the people I love.

That's about the only real deep fear I have. The ocean gives me chills because I look at it and think of its vastness and great depth, and all the deadly strong currents and strange intelligent creatures in it and the fact that you can't see any of that by looking, but those are more whoa chills vs. fear chills.

Something I should be afraid of? A lot of stuff. lol

Getting in car accidents is probably something I should worry about considering how common it is. But I just don't.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 AM
and Spy.

My worst fears:

1. Being alone or rejected, or left by my husband when I get old.

2. Needles.

3. Zombies/the infected (28 weeks later...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Top Dog

The only thing I fear is something happening to my kids.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:47 AM
BusterLove

Frogs
Snakebite - I love snakes but I'm so worried about one of the dogs getting bitten
Car accidents - It took me like 5 years longer than it should have because I was such a nervous driver
Large bodies of water - the ocean, rivers, dams etc. I can't handle them.
Boats -due to the water.