Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 01-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Active Pup

Default worried

i have a question. I know i am going to be yelled at for becoming a "breeder" but i really have a serious question I would like answered. We have 3 dogs. I have a maltese a maltipoo and a long haired jack russell terrier. The jack russell is nuetered. the maltese just went into her first heat. The malti poo is a boy. i have seen the male jack russell try to hump the female maltese but the malti poo doesnt seem interested. Is this normal. Does he not know how to do it? i dont understand. I know this is a weird question but im concerned.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Puppy Dog

WHY DO WANT THEM TO BREED ON THE FIRST HEAT???

Seriously, ask the vet while you're at the office getting them altered.

Not only are you breeding mutts ("multi-poo's"), but your doing so on the first heat, and seem to have no knowledge about dogs or breeding in general.

You should have been educated BEFORE you decided to become a "breeder".

Oh yeah, and it's not a long haired Jack Russell. It's either a broken coat or a rough coat.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

its a sign
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 01-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Twin 2.0

Because most JRT's are horny little buggers and your maltipoo is trying to tell you that he doesn't want to be part of a designer breed fad.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
your maltipoo is trying to tell you that he doesn't want to be part of a designer breed fad.
LMAO!! Thank goodness for bigot dogs, huh (only wanting to have sex or procreate with their own race/kind).

Hehehehe....
Old 01-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Top Dog

Why do you want to breed your dogs? Breeding your dogs does not qualify you as a responsible owner or breeder. There are SOOOOOO many pets at shelters because of ppl wanting to breed because its cute or because they want to extend the blood line of their dogs or whatever. I urge you to get your dogs spayed/neutered. Dont be part of the problem, be part of the solution.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Top Dog

Well, you can't say you didn't see that one coming.

On a more serious note, it's dangerous for a bitch to be bred on the first heat. Only at 2 year old are their body ready to be bred. I'm not even going to get into the 'breeding mutts' debate again.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:06 AM

don't be 'concerned', be thrilled.......then keep them apart until they are neutered/spayed. if you're worried about your male's sexuality....just remember that you aren't with them every minute.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Top Dog

get all your dogs Neutered NOW. unless you are trying to kill them!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

Oh dear, I just cant get over the mentality of some people, sorry if this is not a very nice thing to say, but its true, far too many people think its a good easy way of making money breeding poor defenceless dogs, that have no say in what goes on in their lives, these poor dogs are doomed to be bred underage,sold to anyone that will buy them, dumped when another fad dog comes along and eventually probably either die in some shelter or left to fend for themselves on the streets til they get hit by a car or killed by some other means, all for the sake of someone wanting to make a few bucks, DO THE DOGS A FAVOUR GIVE THEM A LIFE, GET THEM NEUTERED AND LOVE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE...PETS

Mo