Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Squishy face

Default My head is spinning....

So my roommates just sprung a bunch of stuff on me at once and I'm left a little bit dizzy. Two of my roommates are married to each other, and the other one is engaged, so I knew we'd be going our separate ways in the next year or so, but I never knew it would be so soon! In January, the engaged roommate is going to move out, and we aren't sure who will move in. And in 2014, the married roommates want to start trying to have kids, regardless of whether or not they have their own place. I am taking classes in business in order that I obtain my business certificate as a step toward becoming a shelter director. I have time to work toward this, but I need to plan ahead as well. If worse comes to worse (and I mean absolute desperate bottom of the barrel worse) I can always stay at my parents' house temporarily. But I really hope it doesn't come to that. I don't have a lot of friends I could room with (most of 'em are married), and the thought of rooming with a stranger makes me uncomfortable. But I guess we'll see what happens.

Ever feel like life is moving along too fast for you to keep up?

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Blackout

ALL the time. Too much so. Please, time, just....pause. Even for a moment. Just stop moving.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

All the time. Ugh that is so crazy! Why is everyone in such a rush to get married anyway? Sounds like leaving the party early to me! lol

My best friend from high school is engaged and PREGNANT. As in, going to start a family and have a husband.
Meanwhile I'm over here watching disney movies and cramming for exams at the last minute like a crazy person lol
Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

Absolutely.

I have a few friends/coworkers/classmates (all around my age) that are engaged, married, or already have kids, and it just seems very WOW! to me. I mean, yes, theoretically I could be married or have kids at my age, but I cannot imagine it.

I have plenty to deal with with work and class, I couldn't imagine being so "adult" - I'm responsible, I pay my bills, and all that, but I couldn't imagine being responsible for someone else's life right now.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Squishy face

Its funny because I'm 30, all my roommates are younger than me, and they are the ones getting married, talking about kids, etc. I will never have kids and I will never get married, at least not in the conventional sense since I'm not straight, so I feel like everyone is leaving me behind sometimes. Two of my friends that are actually my age are married with child(ren) already.

Sometimes I feel like I just don't fit in with my own crowd! lol

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I have a fairly balanced group of friends. Some are married, some aren't.... Some have kids, some don't.

That said, yes sometimes I do feel like life is moving by too fast. I just don't have time to catch up it seems. I'm always one or two steps behind.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

Gah, tell me about it. So many of my friends are getting married and are engaged. Tyler and I have 5, yes FIVE weddings to go to next year.

AND its a slight **** off because Tyler and I have been together the longest, we have a house together, but are we engaged yet.. NO, although I like to think of its as we are engaged to be engaged. Clever, yes I think so.

And life and the years just fly past. I think the older I get the faster things start to go. Although Im taking that as a sign that I am enjoying life.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff