Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Resident fainting goat

I think I have confused polly pocket for something else.. I mean, as far as I can tell, this dolls only use was to pull the string and she would like fly around the room lol I still remember the commercial.

There were plenty of toy cars and regular dolls hanging around lol but these toys were a no no.

I also suspect, that in many of these cases, we COULD HAVE played with those toys and imagined and such, but at the end of the day, my parents considered them a fad or cheaply made and sooo... they were a no.

And with the hotwheels.. my dad was really into building model trains and things involving really putting that stuff together, so I guess it was also maybe a way of doing something with my brothers/avoiding the hot wheels stuff lol

Not to mention. Model train sets do look a bit better than bright orange hotwheels ramps lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Top Dog

We had a set like this in the garage. It was huge, with mountains, lots of details. I loved the thing!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Top Dog

Also wanted to add that my grandparents did not like my brother and me. So for Christmas the only presents we got were from siblings and parents. My mom and dad let us circle things in JC Pennys add book and circle what we wanted. We'd get one big present and a couple cheap presents. Maybe 60-70 dollars total on presents and stocking stuffers.

As we got older we got one decently priced item *well for my brother at least. me I always asked for books so I'd get quite a few* and some clothes.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah i don't think that is polly pocket lol. Polly pocket is a small doll with teeny tiny accessories... Fits in your pocket lol

The catalogs lol oh man how I remember the catalogs. The highlight of my life was getting the huge Sears catalog and going through it and circling what I wanted and what I wanted to buy for everyone else. The best catalog ever.

I don't recall ever being unhappy with a gift whether it was on the list or not. I got stuff brand new, from second hand stores and even garage sales lol. Never mattered to me where it came from.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yeah i don't think that is polly pocket lol. Polly pocket is a small doll with teeny tiny accessories... Fits in your pocket lol

The catalogs lol oh man how I remember the catalogs. The highlight of my life was getting the huge Sears catalog and going through it and circling what I wanted and what I wanted to buy for everyone else. The best catalog ever.

I don't recall ever being unhappy with a gift whether it was on the list or not. I got stuff brand new, from second hand stores and even garage sales lol. Never mattered to me where it came from.
I loved the Sears catalog!! But my mom worked at JC Pennys and so we had to use that one. lol

Old 10-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Do those places even sell toys anymore? lol
Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Our sears doesn't lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Do those places even sell toys anymore? lol
Well it's official I feel old XD

Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Top Dog

Well I think some do, mine definitely doesn't.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Top Dog

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/toys/...=G1&cmJCP_C=D6 TOYS!

But I don't think I ever really remember the stores around here carrying toys you had to actually order it and have it shipped to the store for pick up.