Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Hallucination?

I had a really weird experience driving home today. Kinda has me worried and also confused. I was driving just fine and then noticed a car in front of me changing colors. It was like a rainbow- one after another. Kind of pulsating. Didn't even register that what I saw made no sense. Then I realized and snapped out of it. Really odd.

Now I know I sound like a druggie or something. I swear no drugs or anything. I haven't slept as much as recommended lately. I'm super confused as to why I'd randomly see something. I get home and google it and there's things saying that tumors can cause color hallucinations. Or smoking pot. I now it's not the latter and hope it's not the former.

I've felt fine all day.

Any thoughts? Or just share random things. I don't know the point of this thread.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Active Pup

Migraine maybe? I have a friend who gets migraines with auras and that kind of sounds how she describes them. The kind I get are pain + nausea + light sensitivity but apparently you can have none of those symptoms and just crazy visual things happen instead.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Maybe they had candy paint?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Top Dog

I've had minor hallucinations before and with a history of mental illness, it's always really freaked me out, but the doctors have all said that it's very common and nothing of concern if they're mild hallucinations after lack of sleep, or immediately after waking up.

I've never had anything like you just described though...closest thing I can think of was when I was riding in a car in the middle of the night and saw a road sign but the letters looked like completely unreadable symbols, and as we got closer they started moving and exploded...that one really freaked me out because I had been feeling fine, no drug use, wasn't drifting to sleep...it was just from staring at the side of the road for hours on a long car trip.

If it happens again I'd definitely see a doctor. But if it's a one time thing I wouldn't worry.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm All Ears

I have hallucinated with a migraine before and this reminded me of then. But today my head feels perfect.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashells View Post
Migraine maybe? I have a friend who gets migraines with auras and that kind of sounds how she describes them. The kind I get are pain + nausea + light sensitivity but apparently you can have none of those symptoms and just crazy visual things happen instead.
That doesn't sound like an aural migraine at all...with aural migraines the colors aren't set on one object and they usually float around if you move your head. They're more like splotches of color in your field of vision or focused on an object with a certain light, but it's not JUST one object as far as I know

Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm All Ears

It was definitely just the car changing colors. It started out green then warped blue and through the rainbow that way. I was so nonchalant about it too- just didn't register for a good few seconds. When I realized it made no sense and snapped out of it, the car was a greenish color.

Mias woken me up multiple times the past few nights. << Obnoxious dog.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Mutts to you

Maybe it was something like this car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqU_1...feature=fvwrel

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Taxiderpy

It's not unheard of for people to have really mild hallucinations when they're very sleep deprived.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snark View Post
Maybe it was something like this car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqU_1...feature=fvwrel
I'm pretty sure those only change between two colors