Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Hi _____, this is Lauren calling from Chuck and Don's in Savage (or Shakopee, Blaine, etc.), I was just calling to let you know that your special order of ________ came in today. We will hold it in the back for you with your name on it and you can come and pick it up at your earliest convenience. If you have any questions or concerns you can call us at XXX-XXX-XXXX. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

I make this call multiple times a day, almost every day. I only have issues when someone actually picks up the phone, because I'm ready for my voicemail schpeal!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I only have issues when someone actually picks up the phone, because I'm ready for my voicemail schpeal!
lmao I hate when that happens. I'd have my voicemail message all ready to go... "This is Ally from XYZ Pet Hospital calling on behalf of Dr. So-and-so, we are just wanting to know how Rover is doing today. If you could give us a call with an update that would be great, our number is blah blah blah"..... and then someone answers the phone and it turns into "hi I'm calling from XYZ Pet Hospital... is this... um... you have a dog and..."

And if the owner actually had questions? Fuhgetaboutit. I just want to leave my rehearsed voicemail message gosh darn it.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

Ugh, I hate voicemail. But I hate people actually answering even more lol. I have to make reminder calls for classes at work, and this past weekend I made my first call, got to the end where I was supposed to leave a number, and realized...I don't KNOW the number So that was probably the most awkward voice mail I have ever left lol. Afterwards I wrote down the number and put it in front of me for the rest of the calls!

I can't really tell you how to salvage a voicemail, it seems there is no good way to end them.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 AM
SBT Lover!!

My dad and grandmother both always leave their numbers even though my dad's had the same number for a decade and my grandmother has had the same number for 30 plus years. It always makes me smile. I don't think leaving your number is ever a bad thing.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:14 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

My practiced voicemail is most often:

"Hi, this is Andrea, I'm calling from Blah Blah Animal Hospital. I just wanted to let you know that we have Fluffy's fecal results back and no parasites were seen. If you have any questions, you can give us a call back at 555-555-5555. Thanks!"

This occasionally varies with, "Hi, this is Andrea, I'm calling from Blah Blah Animal Hosptial. I just wanted to let you know that we have Fluffy's fecal results back and he tested positive for XYZ. Dr. So and So has prescribed XYZ medication and we have that filled for you and you can pick it up at your earliest convenience. *Little blurb about the medication/dosing instructions* If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 555-555-5555. Thanks!"

Love that the most frequent phone calls I make to clients are about their pet's poop. LOL

ETA: And I always HATE it when people pick up their phone, because I don't know who I'm speaking with. So I first have to guess if the "hello" I heard was a male or female voice, and then I have to figure out how to pronounce the clients name. There have been a few times I just say fudge it, and I don't even ask who I'm speaking with, I just say right away, "This is Andrea, I'm calling from Blah Blah Animal Hospital...?" and hope they make a noise of recognition so I can continue on. LOL

And I absolutely HATE trying to end a conversation. Especially with the fecal results, because I just have to say literally one sentence. Some people say "Thanks!" and that's good enough for me, so I say, "Your welcome, have a good day." and we proceed to hang up on one another. But other people don't say anything and then I have to be like, "And that's all I needed, so unless you have any questions..." UGH.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
And I absolutely HATE trying to end a conversation. Especially with the fecal results, because I just have to say literally one sentence. Some people say "Thanks!" and that's good enough for me, so I say, "Your welcome, have a good day." and we proceed to hang up on one another. But other people don't say anything and then I have to be like, "And that's all I needed, so unless you have any questions..." UGH.
Hahaha yeah or you tell them it's negative and they go "okay...." like they're waiting for something else. And there is nothing else. Bah.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

hahhaa depends on if it is my immediate co workers or a level above ,

higher ups get the polite voice "will you please call me back , i am at extension 118.

other dispatcher "get , hey bitch call me now before i sink ya boat" or some other such profanity filled ridculasness
Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
But other people don't say anything
Ugh, I called someone last weekend to remind them they're registered for a class, and all I got was heavy breathing and a click.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Top Dog

Don't have much to add, I always screw up leaving voicemails too and if someone answers forget it, I'm done!

But I have gotten into the habit of saying my number at the beginning of the message and again at the end. Nothing more annoying than not quite catching the number and having to listen to the whole message again. We go through this multiple times a day at work. Often when the kids are down for their naps and the answering machine is magically up at full volume again!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Twin 2

The worst is when I have to leave a voicemail to someone and there are other people around me in addition to the person getting my voicemail that get to listen to my awkward rambling message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post
I was once leaving my boyfriend a message, only it wasn't my boyfriend, it was his mom (they have very similar names, Tim and Tina, and the same last name so they're right next to each other in my phone), and it... was bad. Graphic bad. Right before Thanksgiving last year! LOL!
I read this last night and just kept giggling. Poor you, that must have been so awkward