Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm All Ears

Default How do you salvage...

A voicemail gone bad? Haha.... sigh

I had to call a guy at work that I barely know and am doing some data admin stuff with. Ran into an error and called him to check it out. I get voicemail. Immediate panic. I REHEARSED though beforehand. I thought through what I'd say.

Me, "Well blah blah blah blah blah error." Etc ETc. Get to the end of the voicemail. "So if you could call me back I...am.... me... uh..." *realize the work phones show you the number of the person that called. So leaving my extension number is stupid and is assuming they can't read the screen in front of them. Then my mind goes blank. I stutter. Mumble. Finally "Uh...Bye."

Being professional he never mentioned it. But WTF. Why can't I leave a simple voicemail!

How do you end a voicemail to a coworker? Or heck just in general. I need to plan next time out.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

I usually leave my number anyway. It's just sort of how I was taught to leave messages as a kid, so unless it's a friend or family member, or someone who's called before, I leave my number.

Otherwise, "I'll talk to you later, thank you." is an acceptable way to end it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I typically end with a "if you could give me a call back, that'd be great. Thanks!" Kind of how I end my emails, only oral and not typed.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Top Dog

I suck at leaving voicemails too. Blah

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Resident fainting goat

Lol next time around, click the # or 0 or 1.. they will take you to the end,where you can delete the message and try again.

This is going to sound weird, but I have practiced and rehearsed my professional voicemail. I have said it so many times that it sounds natural now lol but it took some stuttered awful voicemails to get me to write this down, learn it and say it enough times SLOW ENOUGH to get it sounding just right.

Somewhere on my computer I have like 10 files of me saying this and then I would listen to them to make sure it sounded ok lol

"Hello,
this is a message for ____ ______.
This is Fransheska Smith from __________
I'm sorry I missed your call OR I'm calling because I'd like to discuss _________
Please give me a call back anytime at ###-###-####, Thank you."
Old 10-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm All Ears

You can delete voicemails!? WHY have I never heard of this. I'm totally going to call my cell tomorrow and practice that. That would save me a lot of embarrassment.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
You can delete voicemails!? WHY have I never heard of this. I'm totally going to call my cell tomorrow and practice that. That would save me a lot of embarrassment.
It depends on the brand of phone what you have to press lol but totally! 0, #, or 1 works for like 99% of phones.

I believe Iphones are #.. which will take care of most voicemails lol
Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm All Ears

This is a desk phone with video on it. Not sure the brand. I'm going to call myself and figure it out tomorrow.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Hahaha this is news to me too. There are a couple numbers I've called where it actually asks you if you want to record a new message. And then when you screw up you can be like OH GOD YES!

In general I really hate talking on the phone, and hate leaving voicemails, but I think they usually end up sounding okay. I always leave a phone number though, even though with caller ID it's maybe not needed. Unless I'm calling like my best friend or something lol but yeah for anything else it's "you can give me a call at ###."

Just be glad it wasn't one that limits how long the message can be lol. omg those trip me up so bad! I ran into that scenario once and after like 5 seconds it cut me off... wtf? Where's my warning?! I had to try again (yes thankfully it also asked me if I was satisfied with my message at the end), and again... took a while before I could make it concise enough and talk FAST enough to get it to fit

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

My mom's voicemails often start with "Hi this is.............. Doree Donovan...... or Mom....." and then the rest of the message. Usually its because she forgot who she was calling.

I was once leaving my boyfriend a message, only it wasn't my boyfriend, it was his mom (they have very similar names, Tim and Tina, and the same last name so they're right next to each other in my phone), and it... was bad. Graphic bad. Right before Thanksgiving last year! LOL!

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?