Orijen Adult for puppies?

Admittedly I have changed Shippo's food entirely too often but I think I'm going to settle on Orijen because he had the puppy formula for a little while when he was, well a puppy, and did well on it (don't ask why I switched off from it because the only reason I can give is I can never make up my mind lol).

So now I am picking up another Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy on Thursday so I was needing to order a bag of food for her and am wondering if the adult formula could be used so I don't have two different bags of dog food lying around (well one in the Vittles Vault, the other having to stay in the bag because those things aren't cheap). The adult formula has DHA in it and the calcium phosphorus ratios are pretty similar. Here's a partial list of the analysis of the two:

Large Puppy (Corgis are treated as large breed dogs)
Crude protein (min.) 38.0 %
Crude fat (min.) 16.0 %
Calcium (min./max.) 1.5 % / 1.7 %
Phosphorus (min./max.) 1.2 % / 1.4 %

Adult
Crude protein (min.) 38.0 %
Crude fat (min.) 17.0 %
Calcium (min./max.) 1.4 % / 1.6 %
Phosphorus (min./max.) 1.2 % / 1.4 %

As far as vitamins go, the puppy food has 16 kIU/kg Vitamin A and 1 kIU/kg of Vitamin D3 whereas the adult has 15 kIU/kg Vitamin A and 2 kIU/kg of Vitamin D3. Other than that, everything else is exactly the same. So what do you guys think?

Oh yeah I forgot about that, I shall introduce her shortly :)

I went with the adult formula, ordered it off wag.com Thursday and got it Friday (love that site) so I started transitioning them both right away. The breeder feeds Purina ONE which seems to work for her dogs I guess but I think it has too much grain and not enough meat even though the bag I bought in order to transition her has a LOT of those chicken pieces, I think there's more of those than kibble in it. But she doesn't like to eat that food so hopefully the transition will go fast.

It's soft pieces of chicken, I guess it's real chicken but I don't know what they do to it to make the chicken not spoil nor do I think I want to. This bag has a LOT of it in there but I just decided to Hell with transitioning because she's not really eating it anyway and I want her to eat. I've been feeding her nothing but the Orijen for the past few days and she's been doing pretty good, stools haven't gotten any looser or anything.

Members online