Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 02-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

Default Some training vid's

So we got a couple short clips last night.

We just started doing Palisade work with her. Her techniques coming around, but still has a ways to go.

and just when you think she's getting it not quite

and another one, you can see she's a bit better at holding on with her front paws and pulling her rear legs under her to clear it

Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

and a few biting daddy

She comes a bit unglued here at first. When she's made to hold and quiet down, things just build and have to let out sooner or later. as soon as I tell her to watch me, she let's out her frustration.

We just started her on leg sleeves. She's been strictly schutzhund for a number of years. She's ok, but this bite placement is crappy. bad on my part for giving her that target and letting her take it.

another, better bite, but was supposed to be a miss Still higher than I like, but after 5 years on arms, it's going to take a while to get better placement on legs.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Top Dog

and my other dog doing some bitework. She's been off for a couple months with an ACL injury. Just trying to get her back into some shape working on bark and hold.

It's been tougher to get her power and rhythm back in the hold and bark. Especially when it's me doing the work, I can't bring real aggression out with her. But there's a lot to work with her.

Usually it's just me acting as handler and helper so i've created a couple bad habits that I need to clean up, but now I have some help so it will be interesting to see where this exercise is at in a couple weeks. I know it can be a lot better, because it once was.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Top Dog

Nice dogs! Are you transitioning from SchH to ring?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

I just like to play around. I was starting to do a bit of both with the sable dog, but I Really need to title her in Schutzhund first before i get too far in anything else.

The first dog has lots of drive, but is just a mid-level club dog in working temperament in my opinion so I don't push her to far in anything. We can't compete at the level I want to, but she is a super cool dog and competition isn't my main goal, so we fool around in everything. There's no way i'd give her to someone else so i could work with another dog, so we just do whatever we feel like.

Some nights we'll just do agility stuff, all sorts of jumps tunnels and obstacles, but I wouldn't call it agility training, more like agility messing around
Old 02-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Top Dog

Cool! I'm the same way....I got my Mal as an agility dog originally, but then fell absolutely in love with French Ring. After a few months of training, I had to admit that she doesn't have the temperament for it. It was disappointing, but there's no way that I'd rehome her to get a better dog for FR. So, now it's back to agility full-time and we just play around with bite work since she really does love it as well.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Very nice! I love seeing a good dog work.

She did come a bit unglued didn't she lol. It's pretty sobering how quickly they can go from looking relatively calm to exploding.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

I'll get some title on my fluffy girl, but high points is not a priority so there isn't a real focus on anything sport over another. I train with all sorts of people, so i don't really have a preference for any sport. I like them all really.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Very nice! I love seeing a good dog work.

She did come a bit unglued didn't she lol. It's pretty sobering how quickly they can go from looking relatively calm to exploding.
It's funny, people come over and she's laying on her bed grooming with a cat and they'd never expect she can look like she does sometimes.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

It's hard trying to do helper work with your own dog. I can NOT get Knox to engage me in any sort of confrontation at all. He won't even tug with me.