Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Top Dog

Ok I looked at those. If I get a copy from them will it just say 'good' or does it give specifics?

Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Top Dog

I am trying to find an example for you, if I remember from ones I've seen it does, somewhere on the page, clearly state that the result is "good", 'normal", "fair", etc.

Oh here's one from google, it's for hearing

You can see on the bottom it states the final result:

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Top Dog

Oh ok that doesn't look anywhere as near confusing as I thought it would be.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Depends upon what it being tested

Patellas, you want to see normal.. hips at least good. Since MVD is a concern if they do cardiac testing.. hopefully a cardiologist rated the dog normal. Eyes can have a bunch of issues some of which are less of a concern.. you can look up each eye code problem though if you run into that..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

Lol ok I was worried it would list just a ton of stuff and I'd have to mentally calculate it myself XD

Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

If you are specifically interested in a breeding the breeder should be willing to scan you proof on at least those parents. There should be nothing to hide. Site looks good.. Lot of their dogs hips are on the OFA.. but or the amount of health testing they brag about.. there isn't as many published results as I'd expect.. but they my have done the testing.. and not published the results..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
If you are specifically interested in a breeding the breeder should be willing to scan you proof on at least those parents. There should be nothing to hide. Site looks good.. Lot of their dogs hips are on the OFA.. but or the amount of health testing they brag about.. there isn't as many published results as I'd expect.. but they my have done the testing.. and not published the results..
Well really I'm just super interested in the breed. I really like medium dogs but have been thinking of maybe looking into a smaller breed dog next. It's something at least two years down the line and was wanting to talk to a breeder about the breed and to kind of get feelers out there.

Also since I have trouble talking to people sometimes I kind of want to get to know a few breeders now so when puppy time comes around I'm comfortable enough with the person that I'm not stressing every step of the way.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Puppy Dog

I noticed there's no mention of Syringomyelia and Chiari-like malformation at all which to me would be a huge concern if I were interested in the breed. You might want to check out http://www.cavalierhealth.org/syringomyelia.htm. It is a horrible, horrible disease which the UK's KC has been addressing but the US parent club doesn't seem to want to acknowledge it as a real problem even though it really is.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Top Dog

It frustrates me when people make the effort to do health testing and then do not send them in to the OFA. I have been lied to in the past and if I don't have verifiable proof, then I assume the testing was never done or the tests were done and the person has something to hide.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodelDogs View Post
It frustrates me when people make the effort to do health testing and then do not send them in to the OFA. I have been lied to in the past and if I don't have verifiable proof, then I assume the testing was never done or the tests were done and the person has something to hide.
Yup. Especially with subjective things like hips. OFA helps to standardize, at least to some extent, the subjectivity of it. So if you xray your dog's hips and the vet says they look "fine", what does that mean, exactly? Fine "fair"? Fine "excellent"?

Steve's neutered and I still sent his xrays to OFA. They're just prelims as they were just for my knowledge, but I wanted that information to be available for people looking at his lines.

I also wish that PennHip had a searchable online database.
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?