Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

If anyone is interested....there is a video of the pitbull and it's owner.
http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan...n%2Fhome%2Exml
Old 01-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Puppy Dog

No offense taken. I don't mind cats but if they're roaming about free, crapping in my garden and killing the wild bird population they're more harmful than good IMO. What's the difference between cats roaming free and dogs roaming free?

Cats crap in your garden, dogs crap on your lawn. Dogs could get into fights, cats always get into fights. Cats kill wild bird population, dogs ...don't. Guess that's what coyotes are for.

I was kidding with my first post (when I mentioned banning them) for what it's worth but I do see cats running wild as a completely hyporcritical situation.
Old 01-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
No offense taken. I don't mind cats but if they're roaming about free, crapping in my garden and killing the wild bird population they're more harmful than good IMO. What's the difference between cats roaming free and dogs roaming free?

Cats crap in your garden, dogs crap on your lawn. Dogs could get into fights, cats always get into fights. Cats kill wild bird population, dogs ...don't. Guess that's what coyotes are for.

I was kidding with my first post (when I mentioned banning them) for what it's worth but I do see cats running wild as a completely hyporcritical situation.
The problem is cat's are harder to contain them than dogs. Most people don't want to keep them inside all the time and never let them breath fresh air, but if they let them outside it's VERY hard to keep them from climbing your fence or to train them to stay in a certain area. I think that's the main problem people have with cats. Although they can be very annoying and although I don't personally have this problem (Lucas is a great cat deterent) my friends have problems with all the above.....cats crapping/digging in their yards and killing the birds.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:00 AM
Mango

Just my 2 cents, build a outdoor cat run for your cats, they get to go out, is kept safe from cars/wild dogs/accidents, also keep em out of trouble getting into neighbours yard.

My 2 impish kitties
Old 01-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Puppy Dog

I just re-read my post(s). I sound like an a-hole. The world is better place with cats. I just hate the fact that people are so irresponsible with them. If they're outside cats (and you're not worried about the car factor/coyote factor) for the love of pete have a good noisy collar on your pet so the birds have a chance.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:05 PM
I W A L R

One brave cat!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Big Dog

My cats stay indoors. You don't even want me to list all the cats me and my aunt have had killed by coyotes, weirdos, and hawks. o.0 My kitties only go outside on a leash with me with them!
Old 01-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings
Just my 2 cents, build a outdoor cat run for your cats, they get to go out, is kept safe from cars/wild dogs/accidents, also keep em out of trouble getting into neighbours yard.
I've heard of those things before. They're like cat play pens. I have an avery I used to use as a cat playpen but it has a big gaping hole in it now (my dad calls it a cat leak).
Old 01-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Top Dog

oh man, when i first read the title of this thread, i thought it said "car" not cat, lol

anyways...when we were little, we had a sandbox that we looooved to play in...but 3/4 of the time, we couldnt - cause there was CAT POOP in there...it really sucked....

we had this big nasty cat in our yard, who would hiss at US! i was liike dude - this is NOT your yard!!!

Thanks Jessie!

Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 PM
no touchy

I'm sorry, but people who allow their cats to roam annoy me - dogs aren't allowed to roam, but cats are? I do believe cats need fresh air just as much as dogs do, but in order for them to get that you should pen or leash them. I probably will own cats in the future, and they'll be taking walks with my dogs and I LOL
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.