Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Big Dog

Baxter loves to watch movies. If it's a sad movie he whines and wimpers at the sad parts. Horror and action movies are a bit too much for him though, he'll watch the slower parts but when any of the action or gory parts come on with screaming he'll actually lie on the couch and cover his face with his paw.

The only time Rocky would watch tv was when my sister was younger and she used to watch a kids arts and craft show. He wasn't a fan of the host and would growl and bark at the tv when the host came on or narrated a segment. Other than that particular show he's never had much interest in the tv.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Spook lives here

Spook listens intently when he heards barks. Has been known to run to the door when doorbell on TV rings.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Nope. Never. Not even when there are dogs and such barking on the television!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

I once stayed awake until midnight at a motel during an agility trial because Gusto was watching Shrek and I felt bad turning it off. He watched the entire movie intently.

He loves any animals as well, and watched nearly an hour of showjumping without moving.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Yup. Benji will only watch really if it's a dog-centric movie (like snow dogs or homeward bound) otherwise he gets bored.

But Milo watches whatever, and looks behind and around the TV play bowing if there's a dog on screen and it goes off. He also barks his head off at any bad guys or scary music....so horror or thriller movie nights he is not invited to.

We were watching a reenactment of a cougar attack the other day, and he seriously told that cougar off. I thought he might actually attack the TV, but he didn't, just stood there snarling and roaring with his hair on end.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

No, neither Grace nor Abby do as a rule. There was one occasion when a wolf howled on the telly and that got Abby's attention. The look on her face was a classic 'wtf' moment. Then she did her little thing where she grumbles under her breathe for about half a minute.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Puppy Dog

Cin, used to especially when she was a puppy it's like she wanted to know wha that big weird box was
Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 AM
orange iguanas.

Last night when I got home, as I was walking up to the front door I could tell by looking at my bedroom window that my TV was on. Odd. It wasn't on when I left.

Sure enough I get inside and go in my room and there's Juno, hanging out on my bed in the dark with the TV on She must have stepped on or laid on the remote or something and hit the power button, but I still thought it was funny.

But she does like watching TV, for reals. Of course weird or high pitched noises pique her interest. She also likes Harry Potter.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Top Dog

When I go to bed at night, I play on the computer for a bit while the dogs eat, then Gavroche lays in his crate for a bit. When I get ready to actually sleep, I turn on classic Doctor Who. When the music starts, Gavroche comes running

Both dogs will stare at the TV on occasion. Mostly if there's an animal somethingorother on, but many times during Doctor Who they'll just sit and stare. Especially Logan. Logan will get a cushion off the couch and put it on the floor in front of the TV, then get a blanket off the couch, roll up in the blanket, lay on the floor with his head on the cushion, and stare at the TV. He's so weird lol.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Yep, Rosey will. Though, since we got multiple ferrets, she tends to like to watch them more. I don't blame her, I don't need tv with them either xD

If you're watching something, and Rosey wants something... and you tell her "after this show", she'll watch the tv, and as soon as the credits are rolling, she'll be after you again LOL

Renegade likes to have the tv on to watch, as well.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13