Anyone Want a Black Belgian?

Aleron

Two Black Belgians I know are looking for new homes. One is a four year old intact male and one is a 2 year old spayed female. I believe the owner of the females sire is going to take her (the person looking to rehome her is the breeder and is "moving can't take any dogs"...not going there lol). The male has no one to be returned to either, as his breeder is now getting out of dogs. The dogs are well bred pedigree wise, the male is started in agility and has at least one AKC major. He's a dorky, happy boy and has always lived with children.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Want, yes. However, winter is coming and I don't want to live in the garage with him, as that's where my husband would send us.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Want yeah, but I'd be in the garage with Stafinois. :p And I can't have a male with Knox. So boo. :/

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I know a newbie trainer near me who is looking for a good hiking buddy - know anything about how they might be off lead?

Aleron

I know a newbie trainer near me who is looking for a good hiking buddy - know anything about how they might be off lead?
I believe they have both been off lead a lot around the owner's property. The girl was a rather fearful, reactive dog when I last saw her (maybe when she was 10 months) but the owner claims she is not anymore. Not sure if I believe him though. The boy is a nice dog, very devoted, likes to play and have fun but not a real high drive dog. So I would say that he might be a great candidate for a hiking companion. AFAIK he's good with other dogs too.

SpringerLover

I'm not actually seriously interested but could you PM the boy's lines? He looks like a "familiar" dog but those dogs are also... everywhere it seems.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Yes, if only I believed a fifth dog would be a good idea.

To tag along I am on the hunt for someone looking for a fabulous medium drive Malinois who was being raised for the PD but his hips didn't pass. :( (think amazing tracking/k9nosework companion)

k9krazee

YES!!!!!!!

He doesn't really fit the 'small, non-shedding lap dog' my OH wants though :( But I'd LOVE a nice, older dog started in agility. Eeeee

Dang, I don't have any of the local Belgian folks on my Facebook! Their in PA and might know of someone looking, I don't even know if they're on Facebook, haven't seen them in show classes since their last puppy grew up.

Aleron

I'm not actually seriously interested but could you PM the boy's lines? He looks like a "familiar" dog but those dogs are also... everywhere it seems.
Black Belgians are everywhere around you?

I don't mind posting his lines at all. His parents are both imports.

Sire: Information Marajuyo (Rival de la Fureur du Crepuscule x Xorry Marajuyo) Dam: CH Tete Noir Cici Calin (Chivas Regal Van't Belgisch Schoon x A-Te-Ell's Madame Orizza). His sire is a pretty drivey, wild dog but never was trained for much of anything. Information's sire has produced IPO dogs and some really excellent agility dogs including two dogs who participated at the World Championship last year. His dam is a lower drive, more easy pet temperament dog and I admit I don't know as much about her pedigree.

monkeys23

That black boy sounds perfect to me... except omg two really longhaired dogs and the Lily husky tufts... omg that would be so much hair! LOL
It would probably be a pain to arrange transport to ID anyway and if that is even an option. It sounds like he is a super nice social guy, not gonna lie pretty interested despite the wrong flavor of Belgian lol. Think he could tolerate visiting an obnoxious BC that pee's on everything on the weekends? haha, Will my parent's BC is super mellow for an intact boy... he just has to mark everything which results in Lily marking over it and so on...

Hey Adrianne, what were the Mal's hip scores? How old is he? Social dog? :)

I'm saving to get the girls' hips/elbows tested because I'm curious. Kinda nervous to find out lol, though there are no red flags in how they move or are built.

Members online

No members online now.