Halo lost a whisker...

Hey i just registered. how's it going? anywho, i just discovered a whisker lying on the ground belonging to my chihuahua, Halo. Is it bad when a dog loses a whisker or will it grow back okay or what? cuz I thought I'd heard stuff a long time ago about dogs and how their whiskers don't grow back and they need them or something....but I dunno. I just want to be sure my Halo will be alright...

sorry if this is a dumb question or something. I'm just very paranoid right now because we lost our other puppy, Kiwi, a few months ago. And knowing she's gone hurts now just as much as it hurt when we first found out she was gone. I guess I just get really attached to my dogs. And I am ALWAYS worried about them....anyways...thnx in advance for any help

Athebeau

Halo will be fine:)
Many show dog's have their whiskers clipped off and many long coated dogs have lost their whiskers for a cleaner look on the face.:) They all survive just fine.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
don't worry, it happens all the time. :)

it will grow back and even if it didn't it wouldn't be a life changing problem.

most show dogs routinely have their whiskers removed for a "smoother" look and it doesn't hurt them either.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Chaosenemy you are just fine. Welcome aboard chaz. The only dumb ??? are those not asked :) Once again welcome

Members online