Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-12-2012, 10:34 AM
& the Muttly Crew

ShaiCrew Synopsis:

We moved. Again. Hopefully for the last time for a long time.

We have a temporary puppy. Local rescue wouldn't let me foster due to Mira's uterus living inside Mira who lives in our home so instead Mira's half-sister (same mum & the breeders' keeper puppy) is hanging out with us til Christmas for early foundation training, socialization, and fun puppy cuteness.

Those are probably the two biggies.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Top Dog

Adopted a Mexi Dog from RD

She is the light of my life!!!

Chaz named her (I did a poll and the most votes won)

Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Top Dog

WOW! Ok, let me see if I can cover everyone, I'll go backwards:

Lauraleigh - Mexi dog is GORGEOUS! What is her name? How old is she?

Shai - I saw a picture of Cookie in another thread! She sounds like fun, sorry you couldn't foster though. Fostering's awesome.

Fran - WHEN IS THE PUPPY COMING? I was supposed to go to Boston this weekend but that got ix-nayed. When I do go we should meet up, though...I'm staying with my friend at BU who loves Harry Potter and books and fangirling and puppies.

Jenv - congrats! When? Boy or girl?

Beanie - yep I was here for Payton's arrival, and also for you house-hunting or talking about buying a house? So, congratulations on that, I know it was a big goal of yours forever

Amber - I saw Joey in your siggie, he's gorgeous! I want kitten pictures. Not sure if ya'll know how much of not-a-cat person I am/was...but my brother adopted 2 kittens about 6 months ago and I was super-annoyed about living with cats, but I sort of love them now. Their names are Dash and Tybalt, they're brothers and I think about 14 months now.

Lauren - I saw those floral names in your siggie and figured they were all rats. Pictures? Sorry Frodo had such a hard time with apartment life, but I'm glad he's turning into a normal dog. Milo's actually settled into a schedule that's worked for him and made him like 90% normal in the house, (still can't take him in public or anything) but there's going to be some changes around here soon and I'm thinking prozac or some other medication might be his only choice. I'll probably PM you about that, actually...

Welshstump - welcome! You have our second mini dachshund named Noodle, that's funny!

Paige, I'm laughing at how you're expecting a baby and the first thing you say is "no puppy". Congratulations on Briggs being a new big brother, though! I saw his picture in the who's who thread, he's such a cutie pie.

Dizzy - I saw Fred in your siggie! How old? Is he a lab? How does Bodhi like him?

Thanks Tucker!

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

I can't believe I left her name out!!

Her name is Siren! She was rescued from a marina so the name choices mostly reflected a nautical theme...

She's about 10 months now, was around 4 when I got her! Wow! Where'd the time go!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Graduated as a paramedic, passed the Ontario boards, can't find a job..

Rescued a hairless crested a month ago. Introduced him to my family yesterday, it's going surprisingly well..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 10-12-2012, 11:23 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

My update:

Almost done with school, will graduate with my BS in May.
Switched positions at work, so I'm not a vet assistant instead of working in the boarding facility.
Met a guy, dating seriously, potential marriage in the next year or two. Guy came as a package deal with his dog, an almost 7 year old Lab/Spaniel mix named Cynder.
Said guy's uncle/godfather passed away over the summer and we inherited his two little dogs, a now 4 year old Dachshund (Gracie) and a 2 year old Yorkie (Cooper).
I moved out of my parents house, and Chloe and Apollo stayed with my mom. Dameon is still around, though, and I adopted two rats, Choco and Bees.
Still no Lab puppy.

Annnnnd, I think that's the major key points.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Top Dog

Hmmm in the last year....these are the things I can think of.

Mu and Tipper started fighting. A lot. Many vet bills ensued. We worked a TON with a behaviorist and are still working on it (11 months later) but 90% of the time everyone gets along now.

My parents got two dogs but not at the same time.
Max (they got him around Christmas last year)

IMG_7331 by taqroy, on Flickr

And Shadow (three months ago? maybe)

IMG_7881 by taqroy, on Flickr

Matt graduated from college (for the second time lol) and got a job. *happydance*

Mu started agility and is awesome at it. I am less so, but working to keep up.

Murphy has mild arthritis.

Tipper continues to be both orange and hilarious.

We're gonna have a kid.

That's about it. Lol.

ETA: Wait...Max is two years old. So you probably knew about him. Nevermind me. LOL. (But I'm leaving the picture because I like it.)

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Top Dog

*wave* I'm around.

Elsie got her RN a couple weeks ago.

I got my BS, and started in a master's program. My boyfriend got his AS in computer tech and got accepted into a BA program at the same school I go to for the spring.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Bite Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Jenv - congrats! When? Boy or girl?
Thanks! Middle of February and based on an ultrasound last week it 'appears' to be a girl! Don't think I've posted that info on here yet

ETA: Glad you are back!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

-I'm still in highschool. Still playing volleyball and softball and maybe basketball.

- I'm dual enrolling at our local college. Loads of fun... (actually its easier then highschool)

- Suzie is still black and fluffy and lazy as ever. However, she has to get off her butt more because a new dog has been added. He doesn't like anything to be sitting still unless he is. His name is Captain Jack, and he is a pointer/kangaroo/beagle? mix.

I think that's the highlights. I lead a boring life
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.