Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Resident fainting goat

To those who have posted in my threads and who I haven't directly quoted/answered.. this is REALLY more of a me issue than a you issue lol
sometimes, I will quote someone or start thinking of an answer, get distracted and think I posted it and forget! Lol this happens A LOT!

I am also making more of an effort to post comments in threads I look at. Chances are, I am always commenting SOMETHING in my head and regardless of if I think it's helpful or really adds to the convo, I know getting comments, especially on picture threads, is fun and it's a little disheartening to see 10000 views and 1 comment lol

Oh and don't be afraid to share your opinion even if it isn't the popular. I have butted into threads countless times and said something I thought would be controversial, only for people to come out of the woodwork like "Oh me 2!" "I Agree!" lol this is a big forum..don't worry about being the only one or people picking on you, we love different opinions..they make things interesting.

Fun fact: there is no cool kids table. There is just a table full of people who post a lot about a lot so kind of are more familiar to each other just because of time and recognition. It's very easy to sit down at the table lol just post! Even if it seems silly, already said, weird...it helps make a mental log of things others know about you and "your voice" on the forum. There are already quite a few active very new members I find myself logging into my brain of internet peoplez lol the more you participate, the more I look at the username and feel I KNOW YOU enough to converse, bicker, respond etc..
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Top Dog

I just feel the need to chime in that in 9 pages, I think we've only brought 2 real lurkers out into the open! Hello Beachbum and lastkid!

I went through some of the posters and most people calling themselves lurkers still have 1+ (some even 2+ or 3+) posts per day! I guess that would make me an ultra lurker, but I really don't think I am.

Just find it funny - in the "are you a lurker" thread, I was expecting to see a ton of new usernames - but nope, pretty much the same crowd!

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
I just feel the need to chime in that in 9 pages, I think we've only brought 2 real lurkers out into the open! Hello Beachbum and lastkid!

I went through some of the posters and most people calling themselves lurkers still have 1+ (some even 2+ or 3+) posts per day! I guess that would make me an ultra lurker, but I really don't think I am.

Just find it funny - in the "are you a lurker" thread, I was expecting to see a ton of new usernames - but nope, pretty much the same crowd!
Haha yeah...I was gonna say with the exception of 2-3 people, I "know" everyone who's posted on this thread...wanna see some new faces! Go look for that login password, people! Or if you guest-lurk, register and out yourselves! Jump in...it may be October but the water's fine

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Top Dog

Also if you lurk here maybe try chat sometime.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

I have periods of being very talkative and periods where I just Lurk... I've been on Chaz for almost 6 years now (whoa) and only have 5,000 something posts. I'm pretty quiet in real life and like to listen and observe more than talk - esp. if alot of people are talking at the same time.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Twin 2

Not gonna lie, I'm kinda giggling over the people with more than 1000 posts talking about lurking.

But come on real lurkers! Come say hi! I really was hoping to get more than just one real lurker (HI! By the way! Looking forward to your intro thread!) and BeachBum (I recognized your username so you post enough for that!). We're fun and this is a perfect thread to kick into gear and start posting.

Also, it kinda freaks me out how many people read and know me and my dogs that I've never spoken to. So unfreak me out please.

As far as the clique thing that gets brought up I just don't think that's true. I agree with Fran, the more you post the more we know you and get a a feel for you. And you gotta remember, a lot of us are FB friends which helps a lot because we know eachother off of chaz too and read about daily life little things. And then you have the people that have met in real life or chat all the time off chaz so we do know eachother better.

But you only get there if you put yourself out there and post more, chat and joke around more.

Also, as silly as it is get yourself a sig and a userpicture because I know I at least have a seriously hard time remembering people if I have no picture/dog to pair with them.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Show Dog

I consider myself a light poster. I lurk more than I post.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
<(같<) <(같)> (>같)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda giggling over the people with more than 1000 posts talking about lurking.

But come on real lurkers! Come say hi! I really was hoping to get more than just one real lurker (HI! By the way! Looking forward to your intro thread!) and BeachBum (I recognized your username so you post enough for that!). We're fun and this is a perfect thread to kick into gear and start posting.

Also, it kinda freaks me out how many people read and know me and my dogs that I've never spoken to. So unfreak me out please.

As far as the clique thing that gets brought up I just don't think that's true. I agree with Fran, the more you post the more we know you and get a a feel for you. And you gotta remember, a lot of us are FB friends which helps a lot because we know eachother off of chaz too and read about daily life little things. And then you have the people that have met in real life or chat all the time off chaz so we do know eachother better.

But you only get there if you put yourself out there and post more, chat and joke around more.

Also, as silly as it is get yourself a sig and a userpicture because I know I at least have a seriously hard time remembering people if I have no picture/dog to pair with them.
Comparative lurking? ^^ I've been here longer than Fran - but she has almost double as many posts, for example. I used to post more though. I mostly post in the fire hydrant and lurk in the dog forum.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Resident fainting goat

Lol I am CERTAINLY not a lurker. I bust in to just about every thread I can

Oh and totally agree with Linds.. especially about the siggy pictures/icon. Those are mighty helpful lol
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Pretty much. There is a core group that is really close and sometimes it feels like you're interrupting when you post on a thread where they are having a conversation.
I guess if they want to have a real conversation where no one "interrupts," then they go use the telephone. LOL. Seriously, it's a forum and you're allowed to interrupt.

Quote:
I have posted a few threads and received a lackluster response.
I know Jenne. I'm sure everyone experiences the same thing from time to time, sometimes more often than imaginable. But, I suppose it's just really impossible to comment on a huge number of posts because there simply isn't time. It might work for everyone to keep an eye out for posts that don't get any response and then try to say a little something so no one feels left out.(?) I know it's more natural to comment on the ones that strike something in you or that you're more interested in....maybe that person has something in common with you so naturally, you reply to that one. It's a conundrum when there's so many members on here.

Quote:
On some forums there are reputation points or you can like a post. Something like that can make people feel better about posting if they are receiving that kind of feedback instead of people responding to their post. It can be abused though.
I think that's a really good idea!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson