Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-14-2012, 08:57 AM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Awesome! I don't know that I'd bring either dog with me (probably Chloe if anyone-which sucks because Violet adores other huskies) down there, but either way I'd love to meet you! It's been several years since we've been down there so I'm sure we're due sometime here, lol!
Sure thing! Just let me know!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Top Dog

My favorite part about the first forum I ever joined was that twice a year we had meet ups in a dog park in Ohio. And people from all over the US drive or flew out for it. I met a lot of great friends that I still keep in touch with even though the forum is a lot less active.

I would LOVE to meet some friends from Chaz. There are so many that I think I'd really get along with IRL. I just haven't made the effort yet haha

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I don't think making friends with people, or being part of a 'clique' has much of anything to do with anything. I don't come on here to make friends, I don't meet people (they're miles away), I don't add people to my facebook, or chat to people outside of this forum. Someone added me to the facebook page, but I don't post on it... I do look at it occasionally, so I suppose I'm a lurker there.

I just post when I want to post. If someone was in the UK and passing, I'd always offer a place to stay because I have no reason not to, and it could be fun (and I try not to turn opportunities down should they arise!!), but I don't think you need to make friends here to join in, or feel part of the "community".

I'm a bit funny about adding people to my personal space... I don't even like adding work colleagues to my facebook and I see them every day.

I have gone into chat before, but if I'm honest, I never got particularly thrilled by it.....

I like commenting on things, and I can't hold my own water so post things a lot (pictures, random waffles). But I am like that in real life.... I just share a lot of mundane wiffle with anyone near to me I talk to strangers at bus stops (and I don't even use buses). I don't form lasting friendships with them though

I wouldn't be put off from posting because people seem to chat to each other.... just post

This is literally one of the only websites I go on. I don't browse tons, I look at facebook and here. Dunno really....... it's just been there for the past 7 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I'm on board with a lot of this.

I don't come on forums with the purpose of making friends, but if that happens in the process that's cool. I do treat everyone as a friend though, or try to at least - heck, I made an 8 hour round trip on my only day off, down to boring old Iowa, to deliver a couple of baby rats to a person off a hamster forum who I had never met previously, and had really never had any conversation with on the forum. Sounds crazy and ridiculous. And dangerous lol. But eh why not? We were helping each other out.

But yeah I came here to talk about and learn about dogs... nope I'm not one of the "cool kids", never been in the chatroom, don't get any of the inside jokes that are posted and don't really know anything about any of you other than what you post. Which sits just fine with me.

That being said, I have still never felt like an "intruder" in anything, even when I'm ignored.
Add me to the list of those who donít join forums to make friends. I donít mean that in a snarky, elitist way, just thatís not why I join. I join forums to learn, to talk dogs and theory and training.

I HAVE made friends through forums - good ones, some Iíve gone on to meet IRL, but that was a nice bonus of joining, not the purpose of joining.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Top Dog

Okay, I take back what I said about trying to respond more to other posts that people make when I'm posting in a particular thread. It's too much work to get to more than one or two and nobody else much does it, so I'll just continue, like the majority, to look through the window or talk to the brick wall. And I've already cut way back on offering any training help or links like I use to. I guess I'm no help at all. It's obnoxious though, when the person asking never even comes back to the thread after all the thought, typing and looking up links for them. Enough already. So, probably more lurking.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Let me clarify, I don't come on here to NOT make friends. I just don't feel the need to try and find a common ground. If there IS one, then lovely

I tend to come on here more in recent months because I have added another dog, and I have moved to the wilds so I'm not out with other people as much (aside from my other half, but he's barely human ), and I have much more time.

So......... yeah. What will be will be.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Allons-y!

Well, I'm such a hardcore lurker that I've been lurking on this thread, if that tells you anything.

Everything's been said already, I think - I often agree very closely with people that have already posted on a thread, so I don't feel like driving a point into the ground by repeating it again. A lot of the time I simply prefer observing to participating. I enjoy reading dramatic debate threads, but I very rarely take part in them because I just don't like debating. There is the whole "in crowd" thing too, to an extent - in general this forum is very open and friendly compared to many, but I know I'm not part of that close group of people and don't try to be.

I also really don't have any new dog pictures, stories etc. to talk about because I'm away at college, and see my dogs very infrequently.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Twin 2

Something you guys gotta remember, the ones saying someone already said what your stance is, is that it feels nice to have people agree with you. I know I personally don't need someone to say "That's my take on it as well" or "very well thought out post" "or that was very helpful" or whatever but it always feels nice to know you are not alone in your thoughts or that someone appreciated what you posted even if they have nothing new to add.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
Something you guys gotta remember, the ones saying someone already said what your stance is, is that it feels nice to have people agree with you. I know I personally don't need someone to say "That's my take on it as well" or "very well thought out post" "or that was very helpful" or whatever but it always feels nice to know you are not alone in your thoughts or that someone appreciated what you posted even if they have nothing new to add.
I agree with this
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I agree with this
And now I feel completely validated. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Allons-y!

Quote:
This is very true! I know I like being agreed with If I'm reading through a thread and see someone making very good points, but is maybe getting looked over, I will usually add something. In a lot of cases though, there are several pages of almost unanimous agreement that I don't always see the need to add to.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!