Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Now you've made me sensitive about my post count.

I DO HAVE A LIFE!!
I SWEAR!! LOL

Your thread count? Oh Gawd!What does that make me? .................................................. ...... Retired.

Well, maybe we're just fast typers.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

I do post when I feel the need, but sometimes posts just don't really get my attention enough to post. Or I don't know enough on the subject to post. In some posts in which people post over and over, like in a debate, I just post once. I don't know, sometimes I have days where I post multiple times and days where I post nothing at all. It just depends what's out there, y'know?

Oh, and adding in, I mostly post on Photos LOL.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 35 lbs
Old 10-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakash View Post
I don't feel as though there is a clique. But then again I happen to think very highly of myself and I can't imagine people excluding me :P
That is good. I like it. I think that may be why I don't see what is meant by the in crowd. I never did pay any attention to that stuff in high school. It's just silly. Be the individuals we all are and we'll let ourselves shine through. Never mind all that other nonsense!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
I just feel the need to chime in that in 9 pages, I think we've only brought 2 real lurkers out into the open! Hello Beachbum and lastkid!

I went through some of the posters and most people calling themselves lurkers still have 1+ (some even 2+ or 3+) posts per day! I guess that would make me an ultra lurker, but I really don't think I am.

Just find it funny - in the "are you a lurker" thread, I was expecting to see a ton of new usernames - but nope, pretty much the same crowd!
Well to be honest, my post-per-day count is probably up, only because I found the time recently to post in the last couple days, I haven't posted otherwise in the last couple weeks, and that happens. I'll read just to "keep up", but don't have the time to write out my 10-40 minute replies, so I just move on, then forget to reply unless that thread's still active when I finally get the chance. So how long of an absence would be considered "lurking" then? Few weeks, months, a year? Or are there different categories?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

I think I mostly lurk because I don't have a lot to say. Or if I do it has been said a lot. So, no super fun answer here.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_minion View Post
Thank-you so much for goading me into this. Hello all I'm the lurker. For the time being I lurk because I know that the majority of my questions have already been answered, and find them using the search forum option. Also on nights like tonight, I feel like I have used up my talking quotient for the day. In a week or so, when I have my next day off I will make a proper intro.

Just have to say, Going to the Wolf Center tomorrow for work. Woot! Yeah, thats right in your face

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_minion View Post
Thank-you so much for goading me into this. Hello all I'm the lurker. For the time being I lurk because I know that the majority of my questions have already been answered, and find them using the search forum option. Also on nights like tonight, I feel like I have used up my talking quotient for the day. In a week or so, when I have my next day off I will make a proper intro.

Just have to say, Going to the Wolf Center tomorrow for work. Woot! Yeah, thats right in your face
Oh goodness!Now you've simply got to come back and tell us about your work. How cool to get to go to the wolf center...would love to hear about that.

Welcome!

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Got Floof?

Hey now. My post per day count is like, 0.15 over 4 years. RESPECT MAH LURK POWA.

Or something!

Though I've been posting a fair bit the last week or so.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Always in my heart, my Ollie
Always by my side, Priscilla vom Grunenfeld

Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
Hey now. My post per day count is like, 0.15 over 4 years. RESPECT MAH LURK POWA.

Or something!

Though I've been posting a fair bit the last week or so.
And we're so glad you have.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:37 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I agree with the people who say they feel like a lot of Chazzers are close and it feels a bit like intruding to post at times. I don't go to chat for that reason. I comment on people's dog pictures, and occasionally ask questions that I trust Chazzers advice on, and even though I do tend to post quite a bit, at least IMO, I lurk a LOT more than I post. I'm on Chaz every single day, I read MOST threads/posts, but I don't always reply. I also tend to start making threads and then deleting them. Instead I'll usually pm a member that I think can help me with my question. Mostly because I feel like there are a few users who have something negative to say to me no matter what I post. But for the most part, Chazzers are awesome, and even though sometimes I don't feel like I'm truly a Chazzer (like I said, I feel like an intruder at times, plus I've never met another Chazzer) I DO consider myself one of you guys. I've been here a long time, and have been through a lot with you guys. I really do love Chaz.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)