Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

Dog's Name: Cali
Dog's Breed: Rottweiler
Clothing/Collar Size: Collar size depends on the type of collar. If it's a snap/buckle collar her neck size is 19". If it's something that needs to slip over her head it's 24-25". Yes, she has a big noggin'! She doesn't wear clothing, other than a cooling jacket.
Favourite Treat: She isn't picky, but her favorites are things she doesn't get all the time - liver, salmon, duck, etc. However, she is a lover of all things cheese and fruit! She also loves pig snooters, bully sticks, beef casings, tracheas, dehydrated duck feet, and rabbit ears.
Favourite Toy: Puzzle toys and tugs are her favorite, but she also enjoys Nylabones. Please no puzzle toys with loose pieces that can completely fit in her mouth. She has a tug a jug, kong wobbler, buster cube and monster mouth.
Treats they cannot have: Anything junky, hooves, antlers, pig ears.
Toys they won't use: Latex
Anything else!: Please do not buy anything round as it can be a danger due to the shape of her mouth, also, if you are unsure on size for toys please go up a size.

Dog's Name: Charlie
Dog's Breed: Dachshund
Clothing/Collar Size: He doesn't wear clothes, but his neck size is 10".
Favourite Treat: Same as above.
Favourite Toy: Nylabones or anything he can chew on!
Treats they cannot have: Same as above!
Toys they won't use: Latex, or really hard toys.

Dog's Name: Brawt
Dog's Breed: Dachshund
Clothing/Collar Size: The only clothing he wears is a Thundershirt or sweaters. Clothing size depends on the item. Generally he needs stuff that is made for long backed dogs otherwise it's a muscle sweater on him. His neck size is 11.5".
Favourite Treat: Same as above!
Favourite Toy: His absolute favorite are the Dr. Noys toys. Cuz (or any of the toys in that line), Nylabone, Egg Babies (mainly just the eggs or balls!). If you buy soft toys please do not buy anything that has feather or anything that can be "plucked".
Treats they cannot have: Same as above!
Toys they won't use: Latex or really hard toys.
Anything else!: Brawt can not have poultry, peanut butter, dairy or anything with Rosemary, Sweet Fennel, Hyssop and Sage oil (food, on something, etc).

I try to stay grain free with all three, but they can have stuff with grains as long as it's of decent quality and made in North America. Also, please do not feel like you have to buy for all three. They all share when possible as long as it's size appropriate.

Last edited by MisssAshby; 10-22-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

Just a request...

If you put an estimate on size for clothing/collars please be sure to update with correct size so that if your SS buys something it will fit!

Thank You
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM
Duuuuude.

I took Rowan's measurements tonight

Neck: 15"
Height: 23.5"
Back: 24-25"
Chest: 29"
Legs from elbow down: 11"

Forgot colors I love him in bright blue (I just ordered him this one in blue and he has another in a similar color), any shade of green, and red. He'll eat anything but especially likes soft, meaty treats or bigger meaty things (bully sticks, tracheas, etc)

My favorite colors are fuschia, bright purple, bright blue... anything obnoxiously bright really lol other than yellow, not really a yellow fan.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff

Last edited by Paviche; 10-22-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Love My Mutt <3

REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Back length, leg length, chest size, neck size.

Also your favorite color and any food stuff you do not like!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Dog's Name: Sally
Dog's Breed: Rough Collie
Clothing/Collar Size: Around 16/17". She's about 50 lbs, so she's a 'medium' some places and 'large' other places.
Favourite Treat: Anything 'flavourful,' she's not keen on 'bland' tasting treats like milkbones. Same with Seamus. Picky dogs!
Favourite Toy: Soft toys, she doesn't like big hard plastic toys like kongs.
Treats they cannot have:
Toys they won't use: Hard, plastic toys.
Anything else!:

Dog's Name: Seamus
Dog's Breed: Papillon x
Clothing/Collar Size: Around 12/13". He's about 18 lbs. He's usually a 'small' but sometimes he's a 'medium.'
Favourite Treat: Same as Sally.
Favourite Toy: He is literally obsessed with water bottles and loves those toys that you can stuff them in. And he really likes soft toys too. And rope toys. And squeakers. He doesn't discriminate.
Treats they cannot have:
Toys they won't use:
Anything else!:

My favourite colours are yellow and pink.

Thanks soooo much!!!

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:11 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
I'm about to talk way too much, I'm afraid.

Dog's Name: Morgan (male)
Dog's Breed: Lab Mix
Clothing/Collar Size: Neck size is ~16". Weighs about 48lbs, is ~23" tall at the shoulder, and ~25" long from base-of-neck to base-of-tail.
Favourite Treat: Salmon jerky/dehydrated treats. Really, though, he likes anything edible. And sometimes things that aren't.
Favourite Toy: He likes toys!
Treats they cannot have: n/a
Toys they won't use: Complex puzzle toys (ie: any with sliders or caps to move around)
Anything else!: He's a little short on tug toys right now. Squeakies are LOVE. Keep in mind that I make collars so he really, really doesn't "need" any. LOL! (That said, I'm not outright discouraging collars… just saying. ) While he's not fond of complex puzzle toys, he does enjoy things like Egg Babies or those that he can roll around to dispense treats/kibble.
Oh, and he's the "big brother". We have fun with that.

*** There is no obligation whatsoever to Secret Santa for the other animals, because I realize they are somewhat... complicated. At the same time, I know some folks like to know the whole picture. ***

Cats: Whitacre & Ticheli (males)
Favourite Treat: Salmon jerky/dehydrated dog treats (same as Morgan)
Favourite Toys: Small stuffies (small enough to carry), "flirt pole" style chase toys
Treats/toys they cannot have: NO CATNIP!!! (Info on this below.)
Anything else!: We have sugar gliders and catnip is toxic to them. A lot of cat toys are treated with catnip, even if the label doesn't mention it. For this reason, we generally stick to small dog toys, ferret toys, homemade toys, or creatively repurposed household items for the cats.
Also, Ticheli's brains will fall out (with joy) if he sees anything with feathers. It's an unhealthy addiction. LOL

Sugar Gliders: Teller, Elphaba, Fiyero, Glinda (two males, two females)
Treats: n/a
Toy restrictions: NO zinc metal parts (nickel is safe). NO jingle bells (open bells are fine). Fabric toys must be FLEECE ONLY. Plastic bird toys and sturdy perch ropes are okay (please no textured perches).
Anything else!: I don't mean to scare my Secret Santa off, but we are picky... well, semi-paranoid when it comes to suggie stuff. The truth is, also, that they are spoiled rotten and have no need for anything. LOL! Long story short, nobody's feelings will be hurt if they are skipped.

Snakes (8 Cornsnakes, 1 Mexican Black Kingsnake)
Um… yeah, they really don't need anything. LOL! Nevermind them.
Added information as requested

Chest Size (Morgan): 26" around

My favorite color: Um. I don't know. I love bright colors, bold colors, colorful things in general.

Food stuff I don't like: Again, I'm not terribly picky, but I guess I don't particularly enjoy pepperoni pizza or crunchy pretzel snacks.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

Updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Dog's Name: Zander
Dog's Breed: FluffyButt Husky Thing
Favourite Treat: He loves all food!
Favourite Toy: He prefers toys without stuffing and that squeak. I've been wanting to try puzzle toys or Kongs on him. He is a BIG chewer!
Treats they cannot have: Nothing with Chicken, corn, wheat, soy or OATS! Above all else, NO OATS or any variation of them including oat flour and oatmeal. Or else I will be cleaning up diarrhea until Kingdom Come.
Toys they won't use: Anything with a lot of stuffing in it. He isn't into balls, either.
Anything else!: His colors are red and/or black/silver/gray. Oh, and he'll swallow anything under 8 inches whole. So. Idiot proof may be necessary.
Zander's Measurements:

Back Length: 24 in.
Neck Size: 17-20 in.
Chest(Behind the Elbows):32 in.
Leg Length(Ground to Armpit): 14 in.
Height: 27 in.

Holy CRAP. He's bigger than I even thought!

The rest:

Favorite Colors: Red and/or Grey/Black
Food Stuff I DO NOT LIKE: NO OATS. Nothing from China, preferably as grain-free as possible without chicken. NO BLUE BUFFALO, either!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Back length, leg length, chest size, neck size.

Also your favorite color and any food stuff you do not like!
Back length: 17ish inches (she was being really wiggly)
Leg length: 10ish inches (she is 16 1/8" at the withers)
Chest: 23"
Neck: 11.5-12"

Lucy's color is purple. My favorites are pink and green. No one in this house eats coconut or dark chocolate, or much of anything with nuts in it (peanut butter is highly coveted, but no crunchy nuts)

Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Updated!

Favorite Colors: Red and/or Grey/Black
Food Stuff I DO NOT LIKE: NO OATS. Nothing from China, preferably as grain-free as possible without chicken. NO BLUE BUFFALO, either!
I think those 2 questions were for the people. Like, if somebody wanted to send the owner a present. Therefore, I LOLed at the "no blue buffalo"

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I think those 2 questions were for the people. Like, if somebody wanted to send the owner a present. Therefore, I LOLed at the "no blue buffalo"
Ooooooh. I see.

My favorite color is dark purple, more blue-y than pink. I don't have any favorite food, but I'm allergic to bananas and generally don't like coconut. Adore hazelnut + chocolate.