Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Corgi bum

Default Sad news:(

I have bad news....our dog "Abby", she's a border collie/lab that we got about 14 years ago, who has been living with my step-daughter, was hit by car, and killed last night. My step-daughter let her outside to use the bathroom before bed time. and she got out of the fence and was hit by a car.

We let Abby go live with her about 3 years ago, after agonizing over the decision for months and months. My family and I moved closer into the city, and Abby was totally upset, nervous, scared all of the time by the noises of the city....sirens....traffic & fireworks. She would at times injure herself when she would hear the sounds, trying to get away from them. She absolutely loved living with out in the country with my step-daughter.

It is a sad reminder again to us all that dogs are not always predictable. Abby never would go out of the yard, but last night, she did.

I'm so sick about this...she was the sweetest, kindest hearted dog in the world. This is a terrible loss for me and my family.

Dena
Old 12-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Big Dog

oh Dena....
I am so so sorry to hear that. I hope that you and your family can find peace in that Abby sure lived a long and happy life. 14 years is a really long time! May God give you comfort very soon....
Melissa
Old 12-21-2004, 05:53 PM

Oh Dena...I'm so sorry. It was wonderful of you to let her live in the country where she was happiest. Sounds like that pup had a good life, loved by all. Sending you ((((hugs))))....this is such sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Active Pup

Red face

ive just heard from my 3 muskateers (prince,barney&whiskey) they tell me abby is with them in heaven...she's fine
Old 12-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Andy

awe im so sorry about your loss. well she hasnt left you. she'll always be with you. walking right next to you. and shes in a great place now. im so sorry. i wish i could do something. i feel your pain.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Corgi bum

Thanks so much to you all for the kind and comforting words. It really does mean alot to me. I know how much all of you love and care for our fur friends. It's nice to talk to people who understand. Thanks to you all!!

The memories of Abby will always be with me. She was one in a million.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Felurian

Oh, Dena, I am so sad for you. I hope you'll share some Abby stories and photos with us.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Alpha Dog

I am so sorry to hear of your loss... it is a sad day

Chazhound
Old 12-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Big Dog

I am so sorry to hear about Abby. You both will be in my thoughts.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Top Dog

Dena - I am so sorry to ehar about Abby. I know how hard this must be for you. I am sure that she knew how much she was loved and cherished by your family.