Yet another guess the breed?

sciatrix

Hi! I'm delurking out of curiosity to see what guesses you have on my dog Tribble's breed. I have a couple of thoughts myself--I tend to flip-flop between a pit mix and some sort of Boston Terrier cross because of her enormous eyes--but I'd like to see what you guys think. She's about 19 inches at the shoulder and 35 pounds.

I adopted her in May from a semi-rural animal shelter. About all I have on her background is that her last owners let her run loose all the time and their neighbors got sick of it, caught her, and called Animal Control. She was listed as an ACD cross when I got her, but I don't see that at all.

Temperament wise, she's a very soft, submissive dog. She's always trying to lick faces or tongue-flicking when she's not sure what's going on, for one thing, and she tends to take on a submissive role when playing with other dogs. She does have a lot of play drive.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
She looks a LOT like the known Boston/Boxer cross I fostered in high school. :)

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
My guess is Boston Terrier/Beagle. I even searched for some pictures of Boston/ Beagle mixes and came up with:

I was also going to say her features remind me of a Boston mix. She really looks like the pictures Dixie's mom posted!

milos_mommy

I'd definitely vote for Boston mix over a pit mix...but who knows what else? She's adorable, though!

misfitz

Ruddy Buttinski
The Boston/Beagle mix gets my vote! Maybe some French Bulldog in there? The ears make me think so.

sciatrix

Thanks for all the compliments! She really is an awesome little dog, especially for what I want to do with her (I adopted her partly because I wanted to get involved in dog sports, especially agility).

Hah, that first picture Dixie's Mom posted makes me laugh because there's one of her where she has a very similar expression. :) They could be twins!

The only thing I find at all questionable about the Boston guess is that she's pretty big for a Boston cross at 35 pounds, but I suppose she could have been crossed with something bigger. Regardless, she's down as a Boston X on all her paperwork--living in an apartment makes that a much more, ah, useful guess than "pit mix" for me!

I wouldn't discount boston on size alone. We have a pure BYB boston at work who weighs 48 lbs! :yikes: It's partially because he's overweight, but that dog is enormous in all ways.

Flyinsbt

Crossed with something bigger, and there are some pretty good-sized Bostons. Most of the Bostons you see now are of the smaller variety, but they were originally a larger breed. There are 3 size classes in the standard; under 15, 15-20, and 20-25 pound. The larger class is more rare these days, but still out there.

thehoundgirl

Boston Terrier mix definately. She reminds me of my ex-boss' dog, Elvis who is a boston mixed with who knows what else.

Members online