Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Those darn feral/stray goldfish are such a nuisance.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I tried to find a picture of a goldfish holding a machine gun to make a joke about them and their gang life. Unfortunately I was unable to locate one

Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

I cleaned my cats' litter box every day, sometimes twice. I would even follow them into the laundry room where it was if I saw them going there so I could scoop it out right away. Some of my cats weren't very good at covering it. I had a nearly 4000 sq ft house and I could still smell it sometimes in the family room when there was just one little dollop of a poop. LOL. My hearing is keen too though. LOL. And the pee when they started going in the closet. OMG! It's the strongest, stubbornest-to-clean thing ever. You can never get it out of carpet. Or on clothes. My daughter's cousin's cat peed on her suit case with her clothes in it. Their cats peed on everything. And they were indoor/outdoor cats. There wasn't a little box I don't think.

Anyhow, the litter box wasn't that big of a chore when my son got old enough to take over. He got the chore of the litter box and the horse stalls.

Picking up dog poos is easy when you have a pooper scooper with a long handle and that push thing. And when they're Chihuahuas. The only hard thing about it is if the grass gets a little too long, it's hard to spot the poos sometimes.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
I got a free 5# bag of corn litter from work...yeah. It wasn't nearly enough and for about a week the litter reeked all the time, male unneutered car urine, ugh! Megan can attest as she was over during this time. Got paid, bought 18 pounds of Dr. Elsey's and no more smell, yay!
Ugh, I hate the corn litter. I got a free bag as well (maybe two years ago? we were still at the apartment) and I started mixing it in because hey, free is free...not good. I hated the way it smelled COMING OUT OF THE BAG, nevermind when it was being used. And I do think she has a corn allergy, because as soon as I started using it she was chewing the fur off of her feet and she got all sneezy. We will be using Dr. Elsey's forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
This has got to be one of my biggest pet peeves. The cat has to pee/poo in the litter box every day, when you haven't cleaned it in a week+ I can only imagine how nasty it smells to the cat, and how horrid it is to run into your own feces/urine when you are working to cover up your fresh deposit.
So many people come in asking "Why is my cat going outside the box?" and the first questions I ask are "How many cats? How many boxes? How often do you clean it?" And it's usually some ridiculous answer like four cats, two boxes, and we clean them once a week.

Really? Cleaning the one litterbox I have takes like two minutes. And I would much rather clean a relatively-clean litterbox daily then clean a disgusting one once a week. It's like bathrooms - do you wait until you can't bear the filth to clean it? No, you clean it every so often so it STAYS CLEAN. Common sense, people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kady05 View Post
I have had people walk into my house and question if I even had animals.. that's one thing I am proud of, I must say. Not that I want to hide my pets from people.. but I don't want to be someone who is known as "that girl with a bunch of pets whose house stinks".
That's how I am, too. Granted, it's hard to be completely honest because I live here and am used to it, but I don't think the litterbox or the birdcage smell unless you're sticking your nose in it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Yes! And if one more poops in my yard, I'm getting my net & pole!

Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

We found Sign as a stray, and she is the easiest cat in the world to take care of. We feed her in the morning and night along with the dogs. She is an outdoor/indoor cat, so she goes and does what she pleases. She hates the street so she never goes past our fence in that direction which is perfect. Even when we did use a litterbox (for the hurricanes) it wasn't bad. We just scooped once a day.

If she wants to be petted, she will come up to you and won't leave until you leave. She isn't very playful, she'd rather hunt actual animals. So yeah, cats are wayyy easier then dogs. At least in this case.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
So you don't like animals. You made that perfectly clear in the other thread.

Or is it possible you just like stirring things up?

Excuse me? You see... I made a comment. Three different people replied to it... *I* am not the one stirring anything up. Oh, I didn't know that me disciplining my cat meant that I hate them? Please tell me more! I mean, I'm sure some people here spank their kids... Maybe they hate them, too!

I think it's hilarious that I say something similar to the effect of what Kady said, and I get jumped on for it. The irony and hypocrisy around here is just overflowing!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
Cleaning the one litterbox I have takes like two minutes. And I would much rather clean a relatively-clean litterbox daily then clean a disgusting one once a week.
This!!! It baffles me why people would let that build up because then it's so much worse to clean!

And I also don't like the smell of corn litter. I like the smell of the Arm & Hammer litter.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Felurian

I'm a big fan of teaching cats to use the toilet.

It has the added benefit of there being an absolute reason for the toilet seat to be DOWN at all times

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
such sights to show you

The only thing I don't like about teaching cats to use a toilet is that sometimes it's very beneficial to know stuff about their eliminations.