Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Default Lisa lost her first tooth today... she's 4.5!

I still can't believe it. I noticed a month ago that one of her front teeth had been messed up, it was all sideways, and I don't remember her falling or getting hurt or crying over tooth pain... Today I checked again and it seemed worse... I started to worry a bit about it, then this afternoon she just handed me the tooth saying it had fallen.

I didn't expect to freak out so much, lol. At first I was wondering what she did to her teeth, but I'm guessing her permanent tooth (which I can't see) pushed it. She's not in pain or anything, so I'm guessing it's the only reasonable explanation. I googled it and apparently it's not uncommon for kids to lose their first tooth at this age, but I still can't quite wrap my head around it. She's still my baby, lol.

We put it in a ziploc bag under her pillow and she asked how the faerie is going to get inside. Gotta love 4 year olds. I kinda wish hubby hadn't mentioned that teeth go under the pillow, but rather on the dresser instead. I'm just hoping he's not going to wake her up... what's the going rate anyway?
Old 10-06-2012, 07:15 PM
<--------Orson

LOL @ the going rate

We always told our kids the fairy liked, and paid MORE for sparkling clean fresh teeth, that of course made them want to brush better, LOL

I think 'the going rate' is pretty much set house to house.......I know some get a quarter, some a couple quarters, and some even a dollar per tooth! Just whatever you are comfortable with.

If I remember correctly, we handed out 2 quarters a tooth Seems a little cheap nowadays though......maybe a crisp dollar bill would be more exciting? LOL
Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

I'm thinking just a $1 bill. I didn't have time to prepare lol
Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

I think the going rate is anywhere from $1-$50. Seriously. Totally varies.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 PM
<--------Orson

$50 per tooth! SERIOUSLY?! HOLY COW!! I'm almost willing to yank mine out for that much!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I always got like $5 and some change.

My mom kept all our teeth. I found them once, its how I found out about the tooth fairy not existing. So gross.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
$50 per tooth! SERIOUSLY?! HOLY COW!! I'm almost willing to yank mine out for that much!
I know someone who does $25 a tooth... My tooth fairy was a cheapo -.-

But seriously at that age I don't see why $1-$2 wouldn't cut it. That's enough for a candy/cheap treat.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

We aren't going to do the tooth fairy, but we'll get him a little toy, etc each time when that time comes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah a girl at te preschool where I work lost her first tooth a couple weeks ago. Now hannah is obsessed about losing her first tooth lol

No idea on the going rate but $1 should do. Hannah loves getting $1 to take to the dollar store to pick out anything she wants (she almost always picks cups LOL she is an oddball)

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-06-2012, 08:06 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

My niece (5) also lost a tooth today, it's been loose for awhile, but extra wiggly the last few days. I hear the tooth fairy is leaving a $5 bill under her pillow.