Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Missing my beloved Jacob

Thank you Athebeau, this is really the first time I've had to experience this, I am sure having another dog around would have helped. The next time I get a dog, I am getting 2.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

Please stick around....
Old 01-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Missing my beloved Jacob

Hi All:
When I got home yesterday after putting her down, I went nuts. Such loud sobs of sorrow, I couldn't help myself, I collapsed on the kitchen floor, where I saw pieces of her dog food, she had this tendancy to grab food in ther mouth and then spit it all over the house. One of her crazy quirks, I picked up every last piece of dog food and put it away, I've put away all of her stuff in a closet and moved her dog house to the side of the house so I can't see it. the only thing I have is pictures on the fridge and her blanket that I carry constantly with me. I can hold it and smell it and it is like having her on my lap. I carried that dog everywhere. Jeeze, can you tell I don't have children? We can't have kids, and Jake was our child. I can't imagine what a parent must feel when they lose a child. If it's worse than what I am feeling, I am thankful I won't have to experience that (sorry all you parents). I just can't bear the grief, it's the worst feeling in the world.

I posted a tribute to my little girl under the memorial if any of you are interested.

Thank you for your support and understanding.
Nicole