Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-22-2004, 01:04 PM
Still Water Kennels

Default registering dogs!!!please help!!!!!

Hi there,
I have a 1yr. Male Beagle . I purchased him , knowing he can't be registered with akc. My question is, Is there any other registries out there that I could register him? He is almost perfect as what a beagle should look like, perfect markings, body build ...., and would be a great stud dog, if he had papers. I relize that with out akc papers he wouldn't be a good stud, but if he had some papers that would be a little bit better. Please let me know if you know anything thanks!!!

- Still Water Kennels
Old 12-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

How much experience do you have with breeding dogs, or the Beagle breed in general? Where did you get this dog from, and why are you so keen on breeding him?

There are far too many dogs out there that are in need of good homes, and far too many irresponsible breeders and owners. I'm not sure what your background is, but just by your post it seems as though you're not really sure about the quality of your dog (if that's the right wording)... "almost" is not good enough. I believe that the only reason anyone should be breeding any dog is for the betterment of the breed. In my opinion, good breeders have years of experience with a specific breed (showing/championships/volunteering/breed specific rescues/etc) prior to the first litter that they create. They love the breed and know it inside out.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Felurian

You really wouldn't want to help anyone breed who would be eager to accept registration from one of the registries that exist for the purpose of enabling back yard breeders to hoodwink unsuspecting people who think they are paying for a registered dog. That's what these other registries are really all about. I'm not a big fan of the AKC, but they do - on paper at least - adhere to some standards of ethics.

Just enjoy your little guy and have fun learning with him. Beagles are absolutely charming and are great at teaching about just simply being happy. They just have an awesome capacity to be happy for no reason in particular - just because!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Alpha Dog

Sounds like a great beagle dog. I would just keep him as a family dog and forget about registering him. He would still be a good dog

Chazhound