Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I not only talk for my dogs, I talk for all the dogs at work and all the animals at my other work :rofl:

My entire family has always talked for the pets...maybe we're just odd
If you're odd, then there are a lot of us who are odd also. Everyone I know talks for the dogs. "Chulita says, *fill in the blank*. They give you a glaring look or something, so you say something for them. LOL. It's funny.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I seriously think anyone who doesn't talk for their dogs must be missing out.
YES! We do this alllll the time.

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

In public, I refer to myself as their 'owner' or 'I have' two gorgeous dog, or 'I live with' two ratbags depending on the mood lol.

Around the house, I am known simply as mum. I'm a chatterer. Spend a lot of time talking nonsense with the dogs. And I like to sing stupid songs. Poor dogs. I'd never subject people to that.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Sit! Good dog.

We are mum and dad, but they are definitely not our children.....!!!

We are a family though
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 10-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Top Dog

We are a family, Zander is like a toddler in many ways, but he isn't my child. I am, however, deh mommy. And DH is deh daddy. Easier than names.

In public I say "I have a...".
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Love My Mutt <3

In public I say "I'm tortured by..." xD

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Slave to the Aussie

He's my boy, I'm his Mimi.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

At home, I use "puppydog" and very occasionally "baby" when talking to Trent directly, or idly directing a comment at him. I also occasionally refer to myself as "Mommy" but rarely. If I think about it, I honestly don't think I refer to myself in relation to Trent at all, not at home anyway.

Outside and online he is my dog, and I am his owner and handler. He's my pet and my property and it doesn't bother me to think of him as such.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Informally, we joke around and call me the dog's "mummy" and they're my "kids" but that's just with family and at the clinic. Formally, I prefer owner/handler or just plain companion.

Actually I have just now decided my dogs are my companions. Because my car is the TARDIS. So I travel in the TARDIS with my companions
^^ This is why I love you and your posts

I don't refer to myself as anything. I can't think of a time when I've said that I'm Suzies owner, mom, partner...etc

Whenever something like that comes up I just say, "She's mine." Or ours if I'm with the rest of the family
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I don't LOVE the whole parent/child dog thing. To me it's a totally different relationship, more-so than the fact that they aren't children.. to me it's more of a partnership than parent/child.
It's not insulting dogs to say they aren't kids, heck, if anything I'm GLAD they are nothing like kids lol I just think the relationship is very different. Not necessarily closer or better.. just different.

I don't like furkids.. the term just skeeves me out a bit lol
^ This.

My current project, becoming a nonprofit: Lost Pets of Southern California
Sienna's new blog: Reasons My Dog is Sulking