Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-03-2012, 06:24 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Yeah sorry I didn't count the first one... lol. Ok, I meant 4th
LOl thats ok. I thought it was funny since he was born during that so he really was adding number 3.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

Ooooh yeah. I forgot. They just bought a new house, without waiting to sell the last one. Both absolutely gorgeous, and like 3000 square feet. I guess that's why they're broke.

I guess some people don't think?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I'd far rather see kids growing up in a home that was short on money and didn't have a cushion than kids growing up in a home that was short on compassion.

Or just plain controlling freak who is more concerned with the
new floors and vacations. Or a religoius freak whom thinks the devil is in everything
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Obey the Toad.

DH grew up in a huge family (8 kids-first one was planned, the rest were rhythm method babies). Dad was the only one who worked and he made roughly 60k a year. They never went on assistance, but they had to be very vigilant with their money to avoid it. The kids made their own way after high school-no college fund, etc. However, it was a loving home and I don't think DH suffered because of it. So long as the kid is loved, has food in their bellies, a roof over their head and clothes on their backs there are far worse things for a child to have to deal with than broke parents.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
DH grew up in a huge family (8 kids-first one was planned, the rest were rhythm method babies). Dad was the only one who worked and he made roughly 60k a year. They never went on assistance, but they had to be very vigilant with their money to avoid it. The kids made their own way after high school-no college fund, etc. However, it was a loving home and I don't think DH suffered because of it. So long as the kid is loved, has food in their bellies, a roof over their head and clothes on their backs there are far worse things for a child to have to deal with than broke parents.
Agreed.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Top Dog

I think people are skipping the real problem here. Sex! Poor people should not be having sex at all to prevent any "accidents" from occurring. Thats my stance. If you have sex and your poor, your irresponsible!*sarcasm*

Oh I only got cake for my birthday, never any presents.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahla9999 View Post
I think people are skipping the real problem here. Sex! Poor people should not be having sex at all to prevent any "accidents" from occurring. Thats my stance. If you have sex and your poor, your irresponsible!*sarcasm*
You scared me for a sentence or two, there.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Blackout

Absolutely no offense in this intended.

IMO Before I even have one I should preferably have alot of stuff straightened out. Finances, home situation, what you can/can't handle, stress levels etc - I am extremely harsh on myself about this child stuff. My lifestyle isn't right to raise a child up in, I wouldn't be a good parent/role model, I don't even know who I am quite yet - what more of trying to help someone find their place in this crazy world?; People keep telling me "You'll be fine, kids are good for you, have some quick!, what are you waiting for?" and so on. More to the point I have zero maternal instinct and even less desire to have a child of my own. If an accident occurred and it went too far beyond the point/timeframe of abortion I would have him/her adopted - preferably a closed one too. If I were the child I wouldn't want to know that my biological mom was someone like me.

I can deal with having train wrecked my own life - I can't deal with wrecking a child's. I just can't. Kids are privileges and gifts - not rights and commodities. They should be provided with love, correct guidance (not saying that anyone's particular guidance is correct or uncorrect - only speaking for myself), support, compassion, and basic stability. If I can't provide these elements to a child then I am not going to have one anytime soon. Regardless of money I am not a fit person to be a parent or to raise a child - I'm not sad about it at all; Not allowing my irresponsibility or recklessness affect a innocent soul will be my contribution to the world.

P.S

I just asked my mom now - "What were you thinking when you had me?"

"I wasn't, Obviously." lol.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

After we had Hannah and were paying the bills from that we couldn't reasonably afford to do it again right away.. So we didn't have sex. Is it that outrageous? Lol we did LOTS of other stuff to stay intimate and our "sex life" was great just without any risk pf pregnancy which was all the better lol. For us... That was the only reliable method to make certain we didn't end up with more L&D hospital bills we couldn't afford at the time and a baby I wasn't ready for lol. It worked

At this point we are considering adopting a child (not a baby) but if we were graced with a pregnancy we would be fine

I think ad long as you can feed and shelter and support your kids... All the rest is gravy but if you can't give them the basic nessecities then perhaps extreme measures are in order

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Love My Mutt <3

You know, the double standard here is interesting. Can't afford am emergency vet visit should something happen? DONT YOU DARE GET A NEW PET. Cant afford to feed the kid you have? By all means, go have another kid! Let everybody else pay for it!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13