Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Traffic

Omg I can't handle it

I was supposed to be at work at 7. I'm now 40 minutes late and I'm nowhere near close to work. This traffic is terrible and I'm goinf to end up being a few hours late.

My car hasn't moved in 5 minutes which is the only way I'm on here. Have I mentioned traffic is one of my major anxiety triggers to the point where I've been known to hyperventalate until I throw up?

I'm listening to country music and practicing my breathing techniques to calm myself down but knowing I'm probably going to get in trouble at work just isn't helping matters.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Top Dog

Have you called work to explain the situation? Stuff happens. They know that. But letting them know so they can adjust things is considerate.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 AM

Ya I called them as soon as I got in bad traffic. No one at work really cares about being late for that reason except for our asst manager. She is out if town right now though so I should be fine.

I made it. 2 hours late.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 AM
<--------Orson

Holy moly! I hate traffic........HATE IT. I can totally understand road rage when I'm in traffic! LOL

Glad you made it, 2 hours late or not!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Haha at least I got caught up pretty quickly with all the invoices at work. I'm covering in the office part of the dog daycare today since the person who usually takes this position is in Italy right now.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 AM
Silence! I ban you!

My brother used to live in Woodbridge and drive into DC to work. He always said that the commute was nearly 2 hours on most days. My daily commute is 1 hour each way, but I have a nearly unlimited number of back roads and alternate routes if one of them gets banged up.

Glad you made it!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Top Dog

Glad you finally made it. Yeah, bad traffic drives me batty too....I'm so not use to it. Two or even one hour commute is awful. My daughter, who lives in west Seattle drives to down town Seattle for work. If there is no traffic, it is a 10 minute drive. In the morning though, it can take her 1/2 to 1 hour to get there. I think it's better if she takes the bus since they can use those bus lanes. But sometimes the bus comes late. The public transportation in Seattle is horrible!

I wish you could find an alternate route.

Yeah, somehow you have to dissipate those pent up, anxious feelings. I know I've become more tolerant since I moved here from the toolies. I just try and get into my music or take in the scenery. If the mountains are out...Puget Sound glistening in the sun, then it's not too bad. Sometimes I nearly go off the road looking at the mountains. lol.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM
orange iguanas.

Ohhh I've totally had that happen before. My 20 minute commute turned into a 1.5 hour commute. It's the worst. Thankfully my new job has me going in the opposite direction of traffic lol. Glad you made it, stuff happens!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 AM
aka RedHotBabe

DC area traffic drives me crazy. I had to leave the Rockville area last week and come up to Bel Air. It was 6:30 and 495 sucked, as is to be expected. I got to 95 and it was moving pretty good for awhile. Then I passed one of the overhead information signs and it said 95-N was closed, all lanes. Um, what. I creeped my way up to 895 and took that around past the tunnel. Every single time I drive the S4 any significant distance I hit heavy traffic. Someone hates me.

Coming back from Virginia on a Sunday one night around 11, 66 was stopped. 495 wasn't really moving. How is that even possible??

I'm glad you finally made it. Traffic makes me yell at people.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Owned by Belgians

Me too! I used to live in Chicago, but I got tired of spending 4 hours of my day in a car.