Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 05-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintage View Post
Tips on training a reverse chest vault?

Circus will do the rebound off my chest but I'm not sure what's the next step and how to teach her to catch a disc while rebounding (and I'm not even sure what angle to throw the disc).

I've tried to watch videos on YouTube (including Pvybe) but it's all happening so fast I can't really tell what's going on.
I break it down in this video at about 1:30. Start with takes before moving to the actual throw, you see that in the video as well. Put a LOT of spin on that throw and make sure to practice it independent of your dog first. The draw of the disc across your body is necessary for showing the dog where to hit, I show that too.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Big Dog

Time to go through this thread! Planning to do some disc with future puppy; but never was one much into it before (agility has always been kind of my thing )! So have to get my learn on!
Old 05-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Mountain Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I break it down in this video at about 1:30. Start with takes before moving to the actual throw, you see that in the video as well. Put a LOT of spin on that throw and make sure to practice it independent of your dog first. The draw of the disc across your body is necessary for showing the dog where to hit, I show that too.
I haven't seen that video of yours yet, thank you so much for sharing! SO HELPFUL! For a trick like this, how many times a week is safe to practice?
Old 05-12-2014, 03:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintage View Post
I haven't seen that video of yours yet, thank you so much for sharing! SO HELPFUL! For a trick like this, how many times a week is safe to practice?
Not really the number of times per week I look at, but rather how many reps in a session and what flooring you are on. I only do maybe 4 or 5 reps then move to something that's not so hard impact.

Also, iI have a lot of unlisted videos done because someone asked for help on something and generally it's just easier to video it than attempt to describe it. So, ya. Always ask and I bet I have a video done already!
Old 05-24-2014, 07:08 AM
The Monster.

I got a couple shots of Cohen playing disc last night. I'm really happy with this one. Loot at them pearly whites.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 05-24-2014, 09:23 AM
The Monster.

Here's another shot from the same session. I'm loving that it looks like spring is finally here. Winter was a real doozy this year.

Megatron, Heat Vampire
Old 06-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Top Dog

Zuma and Zinga killed it at a USDDN Qualifier yesterday placing first and second in freestyle. This secures my spot for world's, just need to choose which dog to play! Zuma also qualified for toss and fetch.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:48 AM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Zuma and Zinga killed it at a USDDN Qualifier yesterday placing first and second in freestyle. This secures my spot for world's, just need to choose which dog to play! Zuma also qualified for toss and fetch.
Wow. Good on you! That's amazing. It's crazy how well you've done in disc. You can't play with both dogs? Is it just too much to handle?

Good luck at Worlds!

Megatron, Heat Vampire
Old 06-23-2014, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Wow. Good on you! That's amazing. It's crazy how well you've done in disc. You can't play with both dogs? Is it just too much to handle?

Good luck at Worlds!
USDDN qualifies by the handler, some since I qualified with two dogs, I have to choose which to play at world's. It's a rule that is specific to this venue to allow more handlers to participate. I really like the rule to be honest!