Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

Okay, this time we are in focus. Also, a lot more space in the barn than my backyard. I think she's starting to like this disc business!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 04-21-2014, 06:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Okay, this time we are in focus. Also, a lot more space in the barn than my backyard. I think she's starting to like this disc business!

She looks fabulous!!

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 PM
The Monster.

Awesome job, Krissy!

I think disc is really clicking for Cohen these days. She's catching much more consistently (partly because I've gotten way, way better at throwing) and isn't stopping to drop/flip the disc while coming back. Today I noticed her collecting herself to catch off-stride throws, and she seems to have almost given up on her wild and crazy hail mary launches that leave her no chance in hell of actually catching anything.

I've not done any tricks with her lately (still wearing too many layers to comfortably maneuver) but her long game has improved greatly. Her drive for the game is solid now. I'll try to grab a bit of footage next time I'm at the park.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 05-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Top Dog

Booo, I really need to buy new discs, all of mine are super chewed up and wonky, don't fly well at all. The shipping is such a kick in the pants! I want to get a bunch of Hero blems, 10 for $60 with a bag as well, but with shipping it will be just about $100 . Hard to justify right now but I neeeeeed to have discs around!
Old 05-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
Booo, I really need to buy new discs, all of mine are super chewed up and wonky, don't fly well at all. The shipping is such a kick in the pants! I want to get a bunch of Hero blems, 10 for $60 with a bag as well, but with shipping it will be just about $100 . Hard to justify right now but I neeeeeed to have discs around!
Have amazon prime by chance?

I need new discs now too. I bought a bunch of hero blems and I forget which model they are, but they're a very light/thin disc. Recon has a shaped soft mouth and I shouldn't have had to get more for many months, but Patton decided he actually loves frisbee and he has a much harder bite and tighter grip. So now mine are trashed too.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 05-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Top Dog

Are there no disc dog clubs anywhere near you? That's how I've gotten most of my discs (oh and some gently used ones that were donated by Katherine Ferger ). If you go to an event you can usually buy discs right there and then save the shipping, but I had some discs shipped to me for a lot more reasonable than $40!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 05-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Are there no disc dog clubs anywhere near you? That's how I've gotten most of my discs (oh and some gently used ones that were donated by Katherine Ferger ). If you go to an event you can usually buy discs right there and then save the shipping, but I had some discs shipped to me for a lot more reasonable than $40!
I've never heard of one, no.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Have amazon prime by chance?

I need new discs now too. I bought a bunch of hero blems and I forget which model they are, but they're a very light/thin disc. Recon has a shaped soft mouth and I shouldn't have had to get more for many months, but Patton decided he actually loves frisbee and he has a much harder bite and tighter grip. So now mine are trashed too.
I don't have amazon prime, no. Should I look into it?

Onyx destroys discs pretty fast, we play a lot of tug with them and well, she's a Malinois, she likes to bite, hard. My wallet doesn't appreciate this!

Quote:
Unfortunately no disc clubs anywhere even remotely near to me. I'm not even sure if there are ANY in BC! I haven't found any yet. I wish there were!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I don't have amazon prime, no. Should I look into it?

Onyx destroys discs pretty fast, we play a lot of tug with them and well, she's a Malinois, she likes to bite, hard. My wallet doesn't appreciate this!
If you like to shop online, I'd check into it. It's something like $100 a year, but gives you free two day shipping for *most* items(now that I think of it, I'm not sure how it works in Canada), and you can get hero blems there too. BF does a lot of amazon prime shopping and I've come to love it.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Mountain Dawg

Tips on training a reverse chest vault?

Circus will do the rebound off my chest but I'm not sure what's the next step and how to teach her to catch a disc while rebounding (and I'm not even sure what angle to throw the disc).

I've tried to watch videos on YouTube (including Pvybe) but it's all happening so fast I can't really tell what's going on.