Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I'm so freaking out this week. I have one last Disc comp for the year coming up on Saturday and I've moved up to the top level for this one and I feel completely and utterly unprepared.

I've been preparing, I've been working on stuff but now that I'm in Open I'm overthinking everything. I know that I'll get there, have lots of fun and be happy no matter what but the anticipation of it is killing me.

I had to rework the routine I had figured out because I just wasn't able to gather the discs back up for each part (it's going to be Skyhoundz so only five discs allowed) and Didgie is so bad at bringing them back when we're doing a routine. Any other time she's golden but when she's freaking out in anticipation of the next throw she drops far out. Which, totally my fault and I have trouble being consistent with.

But I cracked down on it today (nothing like leaving it to the last minute) and the way I reworked my routine seems to flow better and gets the discs closer to me. By the time I left the field I had Didgie bringing the discs back to hand when I would run away from her, fall down, bend over, run at her etc. And then I would give giant tug session if she brought them all the way to hand.

So if I can get her to do that at the comp and if I can REMEMBER my routine I should be ok, but still freaking out!
You will be FINE! Seriously, every time I see you and Didgie, you guys are just amazing. You always look GREAT!

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 AM
The Monster.

What's everyone's disc maintenance routine like? Cohen is pretty light with the discs but they're still getting pretty rough. Maybe I'm just not throwing them very well, but I swear they're not flying as nicely either. When do you know when it's time to replace a disc?

My favourite disc thus far has been a Jawz Softlite, but at $toomuch, I'm probably not going to be buying them in bulk.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 10-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Footstalls are scary y'all.

Auggie will get on my legs and then OMG AUGGIE COMING AT MY HEAD HELP

Payton doesn't trust me enough yet. He'll put his front legs on, but he's not really sure he wants to put his back legs on. I think he did it one time and then it was OMG PAYTON COMING AT MY HEAD HELP

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 10-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
You will be FINE! Seriously, every time I see you and Didgie, you guys are just amazing. You always look GREAT!
I second this! But I totally understand, I would be freaking out too.

Quote:
Wow; she looks fantastic! She is just having a ball, isn't she?
Thank you! She absolutely LOVES LOVES disc, I'm so happy.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
What's everyone's disc maintenance routine like? Cohen is pretty light with the discs but they're still getting pretty rough. Maybe I'm just not throwing them very well, but I swear they're not flying as nicely either. When do you know when it's time to replace a disc?

My favourite disc thus far has been a Jawz Softlite, but at $toomuch, I'm probably not going to be buying them in bulk.
I bought 80 fastbacks at the beginning of this season, we are down to 7. I don't mind punctures or ragged edges, but the girls have been snapping rims nonstop. I've been throwing away 2-3/session. So I switched to Hero Air's, which are a bit more flexible. They don't break rims on these, they are cheap enough that they are considered a throw away disc and they fly nicely. I also switched the girls recently over to Sonic Xtra's because they need a smaller diameter (the 235's are too big for them). I also use Hero Super Aero's if I'm just in the backyard throwing the disc. They are lighter weight than Jawz but just as sturdy.

I keep my discs in groups of 7, always make sure I have a few sets of 7 set aside for comps. I never use used discs in a comp, always fresh.

So pretty much, I use the Air's or Sonic Xtra's for normal practice. I have a fresh set for each comp and use the Super Aero's for dinking around.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Footstalls are scary y'all.

Auggie will get on my legs and then OMG AUGGIE COMING AT MY HEAD HELP

Payton doesn't trust me enough yet. He'll put his front legs on, but he's not really sure he wants to put his back legs on. I think he did it one time and then it was OMG PAYTON COMING AT MY HEAD HELP
Footstalls are fun!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:35 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
I bought 80 fastbacks at the beginning of this season, we are down to 7. I don't mind punctures or ragged edges, but the girls have been snapping rims nonstop. I've been throwing away 2-3/session. So I switched to Hero Air's, which are a bit more flexible. They don't break rims on these, they are cheap enough that they are considered a throw away disc and they fly nicely. I also switched the girls recently over to Sonic Xtra's because they need a smaller diameter (the 235's are too big for them). I also use Hero Super Aero's if I'm just in the backyard throwing the disc. They are lighter weight than Jawz but just as sturdy.

I keep my discs in groups of 7, always make sure I have a few sets of 7 set aside for comps. I never use used discs in a comp, always fresh.

So pretty much, I use the Air's or Sonic Xtra's for normal practice. I have a fresh set for each comp and use the Super Aero's for dinking around.
Awesome. When do you know it's time to say goodbye to a disc though? Cracks are obvious. Battered and beaten, not so much.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Twin 2

I got Hero Air's last time and like Sara said, they don't crack as easily but mine are completely punctured and deformed. I keep using them because that's all I have but my god are the sad looking.

Didgie is super hard on them though, Traveler who is might softer does really well with them.

I ordered Super Hero's that should be here tomorrow, hoping those hold up to my alligator dog better!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Awesome. When do you know it's time to say goodbye to a disc though? Cracks are obvious. Battered and beaten, not so much.
Depends on what I'm using it for. I use practice discs until they hurt my hands during tugging. You can use a propane torch and smooth the sharp edges down if you want to keep them for longer.

I do keep a set of discs that are inbetweeners that I can do serious practice with without them messing up my throws.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I got Hero Air's last time and like Sara said, they don't crack as easily but mine are completely punctured and deformed. I keep using them because that's all I have but my god are the sad looking.

Didgie is super hard on them though, Traveler who is might softer does really well with them.

I ordered Super Hero's that should be here tomorrow, hoping those hold up to my alligator dog better!
Ya, the air's are still throw away discs, not meant to last super long. They last here about 4-5 sessions, fastbacks only last 1-2.