Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 09-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Silence, peasants.

Congrats Linds, sounds like a weekend of successes!

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 09-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Twin 2

Yay video!

I got screwed up at the end but the start went smoothly! So proud of my Didgeridoo!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Top Dog

Linds, you guys rocked it this weekend! Tons of awesome comments from people on the sidelines, can't wait to see how it goes next season for you!

The girls and I had a pretty good weekend, Zuma made the cut for freestyle which means we had to do a second round. She ended up placing 9th overall and 9th in Open Freestyle. I can't believe we broke the top 10!! Naperville draws in some of the best competitors in the country, it was incredibly difficult competition. That was my goal and didn't think we would be able to accomplish that this year, so looks like I need to come up with a new goal for next year! Baby dog Zinga placed 13th in Open Freestyle, very proud of her.

A lot of things went wrong during our rounds, a lot went right. I'm still feeling like I'm just getting my feet under me, still feeling like I'm fumbling around this season. There are so many tiny details that need to be worked out that it is becoming overwhelming. I'm looking forward to the end of the season, just so that we can really focus on improving the things we desperately need to improve on.

Two more comps yet this year, next weekend is the Minnesota Disc Dog Club State Champs, Zuma and I are currently in first place for the Club Cup. Hoping to hold onto that ranking and bump up Zinga a few places too. Then we just have a Skyhoundz Disc Dogathon 2014 Qualifier in October. Two more comps. I need to hold it together for that much longer.

ETA: here's some video.

This is Zuma's first round of freestyle from Saturday. I broke two big rules: don't try things again (I shouldn't have even attempted that footstall with it so slippery out there) and don't point your butt at the judges for a footstall!!

Here's Zinga's round. I forgot half of her routine, oh well. She's going to get a whole new routine over the winter, it's too similar to Zuma's right now.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:21 PM
The Monster.

Oh my goodness, huge congrats to both of you on your amazing accomplishments! What a great weekend. Looooove all of your routines. Your dogs are so fast and enthusiastic. Clearly they love what they do. Keep rockin` it!

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Top Dog

I love the videos you guys! Sara, Zuma is AWESOME. You guys seem really in tune, I love watching your vids.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Those were so much fun to watch! Congrats!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Everybody looks so good!! It's so much fun to watch these. Zuma looks really awesome and the puppies are coming along really nicely.
I really really don't need another dog sport but I really want to teach Payton a lot of these moves...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Top Dog

Seriously awesome watching all of those routines, they look fantastic!

Really good inspiration, that's for sure!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

OHMYGOSH those were GREAT!!! So much fun to watch. Both of you did simply amazing.

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Twin 2

It's so much fun watching everyone and Sara and her girls are just amazing. Especially considering they just started last year!

Oh! And Nina with Rue the Coolie was there too! She did great, she's got an awesome arm on her. So much merle.

I found one last comp in Oct to go to and it's a Skyhoundz DiscDogathon Qualifier so I'll be going to that! Be the first time we'll be competing in Open

My completely novice advice to all the people in this thread that have been avoiding competitions because you aren't ready? GO!!! It's so much fun! Everyone is super nice, you learn a ton and just getting your dog out there and playing is a rush! Do it!