Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 04-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Silence, peasants.

Well, I'm happy to say we've gotten a lot better in a week. He actually likes it now, as opposed to staring at me blankly while I rolled it, LOL. I doubt I'm a very good thrower, but he is an awesome catcher! He's very upupup and really likes to get off the ground all the way, it makes it look cool. He's really good at going behind me counter-clockwise on verbal, the other side is not as solid. He's getting better at bringing back the disc/not dropping until I ask. Now we need something a little nicer than the 'I love Petsmart' discs.

Thanks for the suggestion about tracking! He is really, really ball crazy so it was easy to reward any attempts at frisbee-chasing with a tennis ball. I found he really just needed more practice. It also helped to kind of throw it past him on a diagonal, so he would see me throwing it and be able to follow it, that taught him to track it so much better.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 04-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Top Dog

I think I need more structured things to do or work on.

I end up scattered and doing all the things or just playing fetch.

But I have to say, I am LOVING playing disc with Crosser. It's becoming all I think about on a nice day! I don't have a large area to play, and the field I've been using is not available anymore (UGH).

Videos to come soon! So hopefully I can get some feedback on things I'm doing right or completely wrong. I have no idea where to start or what to do (or what my goals should even be), but we're having fun!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

Yay! So glad everyone is having fun!

I have a .pdf of a checklist of disc things. You can pm me your email and I'll send it to you!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:14 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
I think I need more structured things to do or work on.

I end up scattered and doing all the things or just playing fetch.

But I have to say, I am LOVING playing disc with Crosser. It's becoming all I think about on a nice day! I don't have a large area to play, and the field I've been using is not available anymore (UGH).

Videos to come soon! So hopefully I can get some feedback on things I'm doing right or completely wrong. I have no idea where to start or what to do (or what my goals should even be), but we're having fun!
haha I have the same problem, on both acounts I'm not structured, though I keep trying but can't seem to focus. Also, I woke up this morning and it was sunny, first time in a week, and all I could think about was playing disc! ^_^

I can't wait to see the video of crossbone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post

I have a .pdf of a checklist of disc things. You can pm me your email and I'll send it to you!
Can you send it to me as well?? My email is the same as my name here @hotmail.com
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

I would love love love this, too, I'll send you a PM right now with my email address. Thank you!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

So, so happy you guys are loving it so much!! Disc is such a great addiction!

I sent the checklist to you babyblue.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Big Dog

I love all the excitement for disc happening on this thread!! Now.. if only the snow would stop maybe I could get out and do some more disc stuff outside!

I was out of town this weekend.. highlight of the trip was the green grass. Dex and I worked on our foot stall and it finally clicked for her! She can nail it every time now.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Top Dog

Yay Dex!!!! That is so awesome!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Yay Dex!!!! That is so awesome!
Wellll we did have a great teacher! I would have passed on this trick without your help LOL
Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Wellll we did have a great teacher! I would have passed on this trick without your help LOL
LOL, great teacher even though I caused Dex to ram her head into the wall?? "Just try it against a wall, the pressure of the wall will force her collect!"