Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-04-2012, 02:07 AM
We are Home.

Default NickMom

Thoughts? Have you watched it?

I havent watched it but what I have heard has solidified my plans to NOT get cable. The facebook page itself is bad enough.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
<--------Orson

Never even heard of it.

Then again, we got rid of our dish a couple years ago and watch *gasp* NETWORK......also we have a roku with netflix, LOL Just don't watch enough 'cable' tv to justify the $70+ direct tv bill each month.

We can afford it, but I am VERY against wasting money.......unless it's on jewelry! LMAO!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
We are Home.

We dont have it either but my stepmoms SIL told me about it and lets just say there is NO way in HELL i am supporting Nick after this.

Its comedy for the mom is what i understand where they use foul language talk about how much they hate being a mom and their husbands this and that. It comes on NickJR at 10 ET and 4 in Hawaii. The whole advertisement that Ive seen is put your kids to bed, get alchohol and watch us.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Top Dog

All I heard about it is from some moms who went to do dishes and left their kids watching Nick Jr and came back to them watching something absolutely not age appropriate. So, needless to say, it wasn't exactly positive, lol. I have no interest to watch, personally.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM
We are Home.

Thats what happened with my stepmoms SIL. Fran.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

I've not heard of it, but we haven't had cable in years. (we have hulu and netflix). It wouldn't bother me, though it wouldn't be something I'd watch. I'd certainly not boycott an entire channel over it. There are shows I have no interest in on pretty much every channel, but I simply don't watch. *shrug*
Old 10-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

I just heard of it the other day. I went to the websites and a couple of the short ads were funny....like the one where they are in the hardware store and their son said "I peepeed in the potty!" on the toilet in the store. That was pretty funny.

We got rid of satellite a couple months ago. If we still had it, I would probably give it a try, but if they really do use a lot of foul language and are vulgar or anything I wouldn't watch it. That's why I dislike most comedians, because I don't understand why everything has to be so vulgar to be funny.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 PM
We are Home.

Ive heard from multiple people they had alot of sex jokes and outright obsene jokes (not just sex related. They also dont alter it for time zones so it comes on at 4 in Hawaii and 7 in CA.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I watched part of it the other night and it seems hilarious , not for kids by any means and should be on later . I think that is the whole problem , parents were used to having a safe channel and now it is not and the flip out has started. With all the channels Nick has they should have dedicated a entire channel to this , not just a time slot , but then they would be competing with other "for women " channels.

I love Nick Jr and will continue to watch and let them watch the appro shows , It is like preschool on tv!

On a side note , I DO think Nick will get this straight , just somebody in there timing dept screwed up and there is a **** storm to dog out of now. I hope they leave Nick Jr all kids and put Nick moms on one of the other Nick channels.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Haven't seen it and I probably wouldn't watch it unless I happened upon it and found it funny. There is a lot of vulgar, sexual stuff on tv that I find entertaining lol.

Hannah will still be allowed to watch Nick Jr if she wants though. She likes fresh beat band and olivia. One show that is probably not much different than many shows on TV won't change that.

Although, Hannah hasn't watched Nick in a while. She is more interested in my little pony and Diners, drive ins and dives Right now LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney