Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeah the peeing in the house with Beau happened only after Nard was mature. then they'd have peeing contests. Neutering Beau really helped there as he was the main culprit and once he stopped, Nard stopped.

Like I said though, the rest of our males have been intact and fine. I think it's just a Beau having wayyyy too many hormones thing.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Wow, thanks guys. I'm not super concerned about any of the issues the rest of my family seem to be. Aware of them, but not concerned. I guess my answer to their concerns should be "I plan on keeping him intact until he gives me a reason not to"
That is my policy on my animals. You can keep your parts till they are a problem..
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Lab Love

Boomer humps more than Duke does... Well, Duke never humps. Usually he goes for really crusty, old female dogs. If they are decrepit and feeble, they're game. He loves 'em. I don't let him get past the flirty, tail up, bouncing around though. He will posture with other intact males, and gets charged by other (neutered) dogs. That's pretty much all i've noticed to be a consistent "intact dog problem". There's never been anything not controllable. Both boys mark everything outdoors. Never indoors.

Duke is actually less tolerant with other dogs than Boomer is, and he's been neutered since he was 5 months old. He isn't aggressive, he just tells dogs what's up. He'll play with polite dogs, but he growls at rudeness. (paws to the face, humping, charging and body slamming) When I get another male dog, he'll keep his balls until there's a good reason he shouldn't.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever