Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Top Dog

Ahh Ivan is a water freak to begin with. And he has learned that baths/showers mean running water to splash in. So he is the weird one who loves baths. To the point of when I say I'm getting in the shower I have to lock him up in his crate. Or he comes visiting.
Peewee is not a fan of the bath at all.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:15 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Menchi looks sad and deeply pathetic in the tub...but she is a good girl about it. When she was first learning to get used to baths we a had a couple of escapes and a soapy pei running amok in the house

Watson is not a fan of water like most basenjis, so bath come under the heading of torture. He is good once he is in the tub...but you can tell that if there should be an escape opportunity he will take it... Also you have to be able to catch him once he is aware that there is a bath in the happening

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 10-01-2012, 02:46 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

All of them are different. Upendi will fight at first, but then resigns to her fate and just stands there looking like you're killing her slowly and painfully. Mina loves baths, they're even better if you use the hose in the summer according to her. Cara doesn't like them, but she doesn't fight. She just stands there looking pathetic, and Kodak has only had one bath so far, but he wasn't that bad about it and he's already getting pretty good about nails. I've just been tipping him a little bit fairly often (being careful to avoid his quick) and it's no big deal now...I learned my lesson with Upendi lol

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

They're all good. They have different dislikes and I have to handle them differently, but they never give me any real issues. Chloe and Cynder hate having their face blowdried, so I don't. Cooper is a butt for his nails, but if someone holds him he's fine. None of them will willingly jump in the tub, though. Lol

Old 10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Chloe is fine with it, she definitely tolerates it and probably even likes it a bit, though she'd never admit it.

Violet? No...just...no. No comment.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Top Dog

Jackson initially runs away from me. When he sees me grab the dog shampoo, and start the water, etc, he tries to hide but I always close the bedroom door so he can't get under the bed... I get him to come to me with some cheese or some yummy treat, and then he's like "ugh, FINE" and he's great while in the tub (doesn't try to get out or anything). I give him a little massage too and I actually think he likes it (but wouldn't admit it!)

Brit & Jackson