Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Let it be

Bandit hasn't had a bath with shampoo in years. Since he was two. He tolerates b eing in the tub or hosed down but makes it very clear he is not enjoying himself.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

All of my dogs are really good. They all at least tolerate it. But..I usually do baths when I'm showering too...I think it helps them that I'm in there too haha.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

Elsie stands still, squints and nose licks, until I'm doing anything with her neck or shoulders, then she bliss faces, smiles, wags her tail, leans into it, sighs, and is generally happy. Until I go back to any other part of her body.

She decided today that the hair drier is the best, and was stretching, wiggling, and generally being happy the whole time.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Abe looks like you are torturing him but he does really well.

He stays in and doesn't try to escape, he will move or turn around or lift his leg up if you ask.

He loves the dryer.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
Abe looks like you are torturing him but he does really well.

He stays in and doesn't try to escape, he will move or turn around or lift his leg up if you ask.

He loves the dryer.
When I'm blow drying my hair in the morning I will call for Romeo "Roooomeo, do you want your hair done too?" and he comes running in and backs up to me and I 'do his hair', run the dryer over him. Haha he gets all wiggly, he loves it!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:27 PM
orange iguanas.

They just stand there. No fussing at all.

They both get bathed in the bathtub, I've tried doing Juno outside and she hates being sprayed with the hose. I'm assuming part of the reason is that the water that comes out is freeeeeezing.

Quote:
And Ripley's a dweeb and hangs his head down so all the water runs down his face, so I have to hold his head up sometimes depending on where I'm rinsing
lmao Juno does this too! She doesn't like the water dripping down her face but she still hasn't figured out that she's the one causing it. But she hangs her head down because she likes licking the water/shampoo off her legs

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Top Dog

Since I am a groomer they are perfect in the tub. They tolerate everything really well.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM
The Littlest Hound

They behave. Grooming is a non-negotiable here.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Top Dog

Bath time is a two person job in my house. One person is the bather, and one is the feeder. If it's bath day, she will get her kibble fed to her to keep her facing the right directions and staying in the tub. She now willingly jumps in the tub knowing cookies are coming, but she still hates the actual act of bathing.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Both of mine are well behaved at bath time. Jose` doesn't love being bathed, acts like most little boys do...like he doesn't want to spend his time taking a bath. But he's not afraid or miserable or anything.

Chulita, on the other hand, is like a stereotypical girly who LOVES to take a nice, warm, bubble bath and luxuriate for hours on end. (of course, 5 minutes is all she gets lol) She really loves the warm water and getting scritched all over. I never had a dog that loved baths like she does.

And they both love the warmth of the hair dryer. Even if I'm drying my own hair, they come and stand next to me, looking up and sort of positioning themselves squarely so I'll turn it toward their chest. They actually are asking if I'll give them a little shot of heat. If I turn it to the side, they'll get in front of it. LOL. Never had a dog love that like they do either.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson