Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

Default Woohoo! (agility)

FINALLY... a class that works with my schedule, is pretty close, and at an awesome facility! I've been eyeing a bunch of different clubs around here, and they're either too far away, or do not work my schedule, etc.

I'm going to send my check in the mail Monday and sign Jackson up for the November/December class. I'm so ready to get Jackson back in agility- I've been itching... I know he can be great!

No real point to this thread other than I'm really excited.

What are everyone elses training plans for the fall/winter?

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Top Dog

Woo! I can see Jackson tearing up an agility course!

Quote:
What are everyone elses training plans for the fall/winter?
Long and expensive, are my plans Gusto is staying in his regular intermediate agility class with my long-time trainer. Super obstacle skills there, and nice clean indoor space. But I have big concerns about the space being too small to really get him running full courses - the obstacles wind up having to be too close together. So I will be renting indoor barn space with two friends 1 night a week for a 2 hour block. Cold and dark and dirty, but tons of space, and my friends are super handlers who study handling very carefully and have agreed to help me with it. Plus our agility club uses the same barn on Saturdays for practices/run thrus and a league. And we are going to a handling seminar in late October with my favorite trainer. Maybe another with her in December if it winds up running.

Currently, the plan is to do our club's USDAA IPO trial with Gusto in November, and then let him make is "real" debut the middle of December. Depending on how that goes, and how his brain and skills hold up in the ring, I'll keep doing about one trial a month through the winter/early spring, with a team tournament in March. Then hit the ground running once we are outdoors again. I have a probably-too-ambitious-but-very-real desire to try to qualify him for Cynosport next fall. It is in an area I'd love to visit (outside Nashville), and I have a feeling they will move it out west again the year after. We shall see!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm All Ears

Yay Jackson!

BB I wish we had an indoor practice area here! None of the training places in OKC have an indoor agility field.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Water Junkie

Awesome, I hope you guys have a blast!

I'd like to get back into working sheep, it's gotten cooler finally. Other than that, bomb-proofing his down is a huge must if we want to have a solid chance at Worlds. With all the commotion that 400 dogs, 4 pools, and the noise that an *indoor* event will bring, I'm sure we'll need every bit of training we can squeeze in.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 09-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Sport Model Pug

We start up in the barn in November for one night a week at least. Dirty, dusty and gross but gotta do what ya gotta do! Not to mention winter trials are all in barns so it's good practise.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 09-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Top Dog

Woo-hoo, how exciting!

Hey, if you're free this next weekend we're trialing out at Millersville. It's outdoors, is typically a pretty small trial, and you could bring Jackson and get him acclimated to a trial setting
Old 09-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Woo-hoo, how exciting!

Hey, if you're free this next weekend we're trialing out at Millersville. It's outdoors, is typically a pretty small trial, and you could bring Jackson and get him acclimated to a trial setting
Sweet! Is it Hog Dog? That's where our classes are going to be. Which day?

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

That's great! Can't wait to see practice videos!

I won't have a vehicle until next Spring then hopefully we can seriously consider agility. There is only one club within walking distance and I'm not too keen on it.
I've always wanted to try it with the girls but now I'm torn on who to try with!

My winter training is house training, leash training and basic training the new guy! I hate house training in the Winter!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Excellent, glad you found a place you like to continue with the addiction

This fall and winter wont be much, Petie is retired, Who is hopefully preggos. Once she has whelped and weaned we'll get back to agility. I will also be starting with the new wee one (praying she has pups), already planning on attending a SG puppy camp in the spring.

I may also be running a student's dog in some CKC and AAC events this fall until they leave to winter in Florida.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Yay!!

This fall/winter for us will be just surviving. With the move to Oregon I have no idea where I will train, when I will trial, and how shaken up the dogs will be from the move. After that it's back to agility, obed, and IPO for these kids.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.