Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 09-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Twin 2

Default Didgie's first frisbee training!

Ok, I'm putting this in in the picture place mainly to embed it.

So Sara finally has dragged me into her addiction of disc dog. Just what I needed, another obsession.

I'm so in love with this dog. Everything I throw at her she's into it full steam ahead. She is so much fun to work with.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Resident fainting goat

She is so lovely and wicked fast! you two work so well together!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 PM
<--------Orson

Looks fun!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Love that dog. Can't wait to meet her. Even if I will have to wear earplugs.

ETA: Love your shirt... lol I'm really surprised you ended up wearing it. It's grey.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Top Dog

She's getting so big! Super cute too - I am very jealous of her retrieve I think it would be easy to get hooked on any sport with her - she definitely seems like she does everything with 110%!

I've seen all those frisbee dogs going behind the handler's back like you were doing with her - what's the deal with that, out of curiosity? Just a style thing, or is it required?

Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
She's getting so big! Super cute too - I am very jealous of her retrieve I think it would be easy to get hooked on any sport with her - she definitely seems like she does everything with 110%!

I've seen all those frisbee dogs going behind the handler's back like you were doing with her - what's the deal with that, out of curiosity? Just a style thing, or is it required?
She's just a blast to work with. Though she could do well with a mute button.

I have no clue where that retrieve came from. She's a tugger, I do like no throwing the toy. I was completely surprised when I went out there today and she was like "Bring it back? Bring it back."

From what I understand it's to get the dogs going back in the direction of the frisbee when you are throwing it back the same way they just came from. That way they can whip around you, reorient and start moving again in that direction.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
From what I understand it's to get the dogs going back in the direction of the frisbee when you are throwing it back the same way they just came from. That way they can whip around you, reorient and start moving again in that direction.
Ah, that makes sense. I'll have to look into it more. I think Gusto would have a blast with frisbee, since bouncing off people's heads is pretty much his default behavior. I saw that though and got scared I'd have to teach him to go behind me - since I spent about 4 months teaching him not to do that for agility!

Quote:
I have no clue where that retrieve came from. She's a tugger, I do like no throwing the toy. I was completely surprised when I went out there today and she was like "Bring it back? Bring it back."
She's clearly just a prodigy A loud, loud prodigy!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Ah, that makes sense. I'll have to look into it more. I think Gusto would have a blast with frisbee, since bouncing off people's heads is pretty much his default behavior. I saw that though and got scared I'd have to teach him to go behind me - since I spent about 4 months teaching him not to do that for agility!
That was like, word for word my exact thought process with Traveler

Here's Didgie after a couple days playing around. This is getting addictive and I haven't even started anything yet. She's getting better at grabbing them frisbee's while they roll

And here's Traveler, trying to get him into the frisbee more than anything. He gets stuck on certain toys (TENNIS BALL) and takes a bit to warm up but he's getting there!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Loving it! They're doing so well. Didgie is a natural!

I will have a frisbee dog one day, I am obsessed. I've got Jackson to the point where he's pretty amped up about playing, which is really good, and he chases them and brings them back... but still no such luck on catching at far distances. He lets them drop to the ground first. lol. Maybe I need to do more rollers like you're doing!

Brit & Jackson

Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 PM
overdogged

She's fabulous.

Bean's into the soft disc we have that I use with Steve in the house. I need to get video of Steve playing friz. It's his favorite game ever, even more than ball.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?