Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh I don't doubt he's well loved and taken care of at all. I just worry about the way he walks in that video.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Dafuq?

Slipping hocks or something else...?

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Oh I don't doubt he's well loved and taken care of at all. I just worry about the way he walks in that video.
Wow, that's the first video I'd seen of him, and yeah.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Based on the picture I felt kind of bad for him, but seeing the video - nah. The owners seem to really love him, he looks like he leads a good life and has good vet care. 80% of the dogs in the world would love to live that life.

I agree he looks really - unsteady? - on his feet. But, as awful as it sounds...I can't imagine he has a spectacular life expectancy. Something else may hit him before arthritis really sets in.
Yeah I agree. He looks well loved and taken care of. Better than most pet dogs I come across. From my understanding Danes don't live to a ripe old age and honestly... this guy probably won't either. Hopefully his owners stay on top of him and manage any issues that come up properly.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah he's not perfect, probably is a bit shakey... but what? should they just put him down now? he's obviously enjoying life. the part of the video where he is running around with his housemates shows his zest for life.

So might he have some issues? probably... but why are we feeling sorry for him? are we feeling like he should just be put down now? He seems to have good quality of life even when he's not perfect.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
He isn't that skinny, really. He looks roached, which would make the spine more prominent. But he has decent muscling, so he isn't malnutritioned.. he just isn't FAT like most danes :-/

I do agree that his structure is NOT good at all...
My danes aren’t fat at all and I say this dog is too thin. Yes he is roached, and even with proper weight you could probably still see his spine, but it shouldn’t be that prominent. There’s a picture of him somewhere where you can count vertebrae. Too thin.

The owners BTW are working with a vet, they know he’s too thin, and they’re looking in to it, so I’m not ragging on his care or anything, just saying that no this isn’t a healthy weight for a dane. Though yes, I’d rather see too skinny than too fat, but this really is too skinny. I have a dane that I keep on the skinny side because of his structure and previous injuries, and you can see more ribs and hipbones on him than my other one, but not to this extent.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

I feel sorry for him because of the people who produced him he is not structured well. I do think he is loved and taken care of and will have a good life.

Sadly, yes, there are many bad breeders in danes whose purpose is to create the tallest and this is an example of what can happen. Its just sad
Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
orange iguanas.

I don't think anyone expressed doubt over the care or love that he receives. But there is clearly something not right with him and for that, yeah I think it's fair to say "poor dog." I say poor dog about Lucy all the time because of her breeding and her crappy joints.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013