Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodelDogs View Post
A dog does not have to be a top quality dog to get a PAL and I see no reason why he would be declined.
Totally what I'm hoping.. I'd like to get a 'real' OB title on Arson.. so I'm filling out the CKC PEN form currently. He's too tall, out of standard but I'm hoping they don't deny him. Can't hurt to try though.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodelDogs View Post
From a show standpoint, Joey does have a bad topline. He has a slight dip behind his withers and too much slope in the croup. This gives the appearance of a roached back. I believe that I could stack Joey in a show pose and get that back leveled out. Skittledoo, didn't you say something one time about visiting Georgia? If you do, perhaps we could meet up and I could try to stack him.
That's a really good point. When Strider hit his puppy uglies his rear looked over angled and dropped off, so it felt uncomfortable for him to extend his rear out in a stacked pose. It made him look roached at times, and he really did not have a roached back. When he finished maturing he came back together and now it's fine.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:32 PM
...ice road...

Ibizans aren't MY breed.. but I have spent years with them in the field, and with their breeders.

My personal opinion is that there is Podengo in there. EVERYTHING about him - from his head, to his pigment, to his coat, to his structure - says Podengo/Ibizan mix to me.

Azawakh? Not a chance. There is nothing about his structure, coat, or temperament that hints at Azawakh.

I would certainly like to see if the AKC accepts him into their PAL program as an Ibizan! It wouldn't surprise me if they did.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

He kinda looks like a giant Junior.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
Totally what I'm hoping.. I'd like to get a 'real' OB title on Arson.. so I'm filling out the CKC PEN form currently. He's too tall, out of standard but I'm hoping they don't deny him. Can't hurt to try though.
Not sure how different CKCs PEN is from AKC's PAL. But there would be no doubt about him getting a PAL. Are you concerned because of his size?
Old 09-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I'm concerned as the CKC is far more hardcore.. My pics need to have size written on the back, signed by a vet, he has to be microchipped and they only take specific brands.. proof of alteration..

Anything they feel is awry, your application vanishes and you don't get CKC approved. They could turn me down on his size, not liking the pics, deciding the reason he has no registration isn't good enough.. Happened with Smudge. Smudge was (is) full AKC reg, seems though it was the correct chip company it was not a chip they approved of.. couldn't be bothered to contact me.. my application vanished.. had to call repeatedly to get answers.. So none of mine have CKC registration, performance or otherwise.. AKC is way better to deal with. Sadly I'm close to the border but not quite close enough to trial across it regularly..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 09-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

That's too bad Mafia. I've known breeders in Canada with CKC registered dogs who have had a really hard time getting CKC to send them papers for litters. People complain about AKC's ethics or whatever but they are professional, send things in a timely manner and try to be as helpful as possible if you call or email with questions.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:56 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
Podengo/Ibizan mix
And what are the odds of those two breeds just happening upon each other and creating such a cross? Unless we magically found the one person on earth who happens to own both breeds AND happened to have an "oops" litter...
Old 09-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
And what are the odds of those two breeds just happening upon each other and creating such a cross? Unless we magically found the one person on earth who happens to own both breeds AND happened to have an "oops" litter...
Well, back when I thought his nose was black that's what I thought he was. It's pretty common for ibizan breeders to also keep podengos. They're pretty compatible I guess. I know of three that have both breeds, and I don't know that many beezer breeders at all.

ETA: And GRIN imports a batch of Spanish sighthound rescues every year. They have a lot of podengo/beezer/galgo blends. Since Amber was told he came from a Florida breeder though, I don't think that's where he came from. I think their dogs are all chipped before getting adopted out too.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Twin 2.0

I have nothing to contribute as far as what Joey is-- other than adorable--but I've seen crazy stuff in otherwise well bred litters. My old training mentor had an Aussie from a pretty decent breeder. Just looking at him you would swear up, down and sideways he was a Sheltie mix: way too small, flat stop, just incorrect in a variety of ways. But the rest of his litter looked just fine; he was just a random genetic fsckup as far as his conformation went.